E5-2603 cpu's I made a low bid on seven of them so....

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
1.8 Ghz, 80 w each, 4 core without turbo boost, without hyper-threading and 10 mb of L3 so the lowest spec E5 V1 Xeons.

Spur of the moment $10.50 bid on seven of them, won them so now what to do with them?

$1.50 each. :D

Christmas Ornaments for my tree? :D

Will make good test cpu's i'm sure.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
problem is the MB doesn't get cheaper....lol

Should relist them to make at least 5x profit ;)

if you don't mind sending me one, i like to run some benchmark scores on it and post it since i am having trouble even finding the cinebench score for it.. can pay you the postage and some change ....lol

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
problem is the MB doesn't get cheaper....lol

Should relist them to make at least 5x profit ;)

if you don't mind sending me one, i like to run some benchmark scores on it and post it since i am having trouble even finding the cinebench score for it.. can pay you the postage and some change ....lol

I would be ok with that, I just have to get them and then test them to make sure they all work.

There is almost zero performance numbers on the Internet for these, I only found one and have not found a single review for them.

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
I think @Patrick compared the low-end E5's, not sure if also v1.
Should be somewhere on the main site with a lower-end xeon sp review.
I have some 2603v3 for node's that replay a setup that basically exports disks via infiniband and assembles raid-volumes, they are 'good enough' for this.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Benchmarks for e5-2603 v1:

Userbenchmark:

Single CPU: Lenovo 43532G7 Performance Results - UserBenchmark
Dual CPU: Lenovo 4229CTO Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Cinebench R15:

Single and Dual CPU multithread:

View attachment 7271

Single thread:

View attachment 7272

Definitely one of the slowest if not the slowest 2011 CPU! my old AMD phenom 955 is significantly faster ....lol....

Pretty slow, but i'll use them in one or two of my open compute servers eventually when they are retired from mining.

When that happens I can sell some of the power hungry cpu's and buy more ram to fill them up.