Qualcomm Centriq 2400 Officially Launched

• Thread starter Patrick Kennedy
  • Start date
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I don't get the appeal. Low power and fast integer but no I/O. All the pics I saw of servers like the HP were all storage focused but it's got 32 pcie and 8 sata

sean

Sep 26, 2013
CT
I wonder how it's going to compare to Cavium's ThunderX2. It's much faster than the first generation and already shipping.

mbello

Nov 14, 2016
@Patrick I can't open the article, clicking on the link to it gives me "Bad Gateway" and blank page.

All other articles are opening just fine.

Edu

Aug 8, 2017
I don't get the appeal. Low power and fast integer but no I/O. All the pics I saw of servers like the HP were all storage focused but it's got 32 pcie and 8 sata
Higher performance per watt and lower price, for customers that don't need too much connectivity.
Cloudflare did some benchmarks: ARM Takes Wing: Qualcomm vs. Intel CPU comparison
It has double the performance per watt of a dual Xeon Silver server.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Another point for ARM on server: costs.
Custom cpus (asics/fpgas for ai training/machine learning + ARM cores) from different vendors (broadcom, samsung or others) are cheaper than custom Intel cpus.