Best 2011 narrow ILM heatsink?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I will have 4 identical builds, 1 cpu will have a 2U active HSF, and 1 cpu has to have a 1U narrow ILM heatsink being cooled by 40mm fans directly in front of it.

Anyone have recommendations for a quality/good heatsink that fits the requirement of being 2011 narrow ILM? I've seen some comments in the great deals threads about some pretty crappy heatsinks and just wanted to avoid them.

Any idea if this would cool adequately?

Dynatron T318 INTEL Narrow ILM 1U LGA 2011 SB EP/EX Passive CPU Heatsink | eBay

I wonder how it compares to the Intel BXSTS200PNRW.

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
I would get a stock supermicro heatsink. Been using narrow ilm for their boards for a while.

Last edited:

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
SNK-P0050AP4 seems like the cheapest active narrow ILM cooler out there but if you have to stick to 1 or 2U it won't fit ;(

vanfawx

Jan 4, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
If you have a 2U restriction, then use SNK-P0048AP4; it comes with both ILM mounts - I started with this cooler, but the fan at full speed is quite loud. Luckily I have a tall enough case to accomidate the SNK-P0050AP4, so I switched to that, and haven't heard the fan again since.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
SNK-P0050AP4 seems like the cheapest active narrow ILM cooler out there but if you have to stick to 1 or 2U it won't fit ;(
I got two of these and I can personally testify that they work real good... very well made also

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
I will have 4 identical builds, 1 cpu will have a 2U active HSF, and 1 cpu has to have a 1U narrow ILM heatsink being cooled by 40mm fans directly in front of it.

Anyone have recommendations for a quality/good heatsink that fits the requirement of being 2011 narrow ILM? I've seen some comments in the great deals threads about some pretty crappy heatsinks and just wanted to avoid them.

Any idea if this would cool adequately?

Dynatron T318 INTEL Narrow ILM 1U LGA 2011 SB EP/EX Passive CPU Heatsink | eBay

I wonder how it compares to the Intel BXSTS200PNRW.
Thanks for the link on that heatsink. I might try it out. It's a lot cheaper than the supermicro ones I've been using, so it'll be interesting to see how it performs. The supermicro 2U ones probably are far more effective due to multiple heat pipes and a much larger surface area to work with, but that's apples and oranges. This does have a vapor chamber (basically a 2D heatpipe across the surface of the heatsink) and the rest is all copper, so it might perform well enough for a 1U heatsink.

w0mbl3

Aug 13, 2013
Sydney, Oz
I almost bought a couple of the SNK-P0050AP4 - but ended up with Noctua coolers..

If you already have some Noctua coolers, then thanks to Noctua's policy of providing free mount kits to people who can prove purchase of both motherboard and older Noctua coolers - you just have to specifically request the correct narrow-ILM mount brackets from them (talk with support via email - they're really helpful).

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
I almost bought a couple of the SNK-P0050AP4 - but ended up with Noctua coolers..

If you already have some Noctua coolers, then thanks to Noctua's policy of providing free mount kits to people who can prove purchase of both motherboard and older Noctua coolers - you just have to specifically request the correct narrow-ILM mount brackets from them (talk with support via email - they're really helpful).
The Noctua products I've used thus far have been very impressive. Can't go wrong there.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
True for most series, unfortunately not for the Opteron cooler series;) But else, great coolers, use a bunch of them and got free upgrades to 2011/3 too.

w0mbl3

Aug 13, 2013
Sydney, Oz
For anyone who needs to order them - you need to ask the support email team directly for the narrow bracket kit, which is brackets NM-XFB4 and NM-XFB5 (each bracket pair will mount the cooler in one orientation only).

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I ended up going with standard supermicro 1U narrow ILM heatsinks, got 4 for 10 bucks each or so. They seem to be working fine.

SNK-P0057PS I believe.