U-NAS NSC-810A mATX Chassis

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nev_neo

Jul 31, 2013
Is the 810, which is meant for a mini-ITX board, comparable to the 810A? The only reason I ask is because I was thinking about getting the Supermicro-X10SDV-4C-TLN4F-O for its power efficiency, but I also really like the U-NAS chassis look.
I think the 810 is about the same size as the 810A, except for the motherboard mounting location.
I have the TLN2F (dual 10g) motherboard that i've been using in the 800 - which is slightly more compact than either of the 810's. It worked fine in there - Perfectly fine. The only reason why I got the 810A was I needed more network ports for all my vswitches in hindsight I should've gotten the TLN4F instead.
The Supermicro X10SDV-7TP4F would be more appropriate for this chassis.

cactus

Jan 25, 2011
CA
Anyone have their 810A open to measure if the SM PWS-350-1H would fit in it? It is 180x100x40. SS-350M1U is 190x81x40, so a tad wider. From the pictures, it looks like there is some space above the PSU, so looks like it would fit.

nev_neo

Jul 31, 2013
Anyone have their 810A open to measure if the SM PWS-350-1H would fit in it? It is 180x100x40. SS-350M1U is 190x81x40, so a tad wider. From the pictures, it looks like there is some space above the PSU, so looks like it would fit.
There is space above and behind the PSU too. Only question is if the screw holes would line up.
Any reason why you are going with a different PSU ?

Agent-Orange

Aug 4, 2017
Hello guys

I would like to buy a 810A case for my new NAS build. Can somebody tell me, what is the maximum height for a cpu cooler to fit in? Cause I have a spare I7-6700K here which I want to use for my NAS, but I know there arent many 1u CPU cooler for 95W.

realtomatoes

Oct 3, 2016
Hello guys

I would like to buy a 810A case for my new NAS build. Can somebody tell me, what is the maximum height for a cpu cooler to fit in? Cause I have a spare I7-6700K here which I want to use for my NAS, but I know there arent many 1u CPU cooler for 95W.
from what i read they were using Noctua's NH-L9i. their TDP guide here list 95w for that socket.

Ed G

Aug 17, 2017
Anyone bought anything from U-NAS lately? I want to buy one or two of those 810A cases, but nobody responds from the company. Wondering if they are still alive.

MrT0ad

Jun 29, 2012
Anyone bought anything from U-NAS lately? I want to buy one or two of those 810A cases, but nobody responds from the company. Wondering if they are still alive.
I sincerely hope they are because I have just given them my hard earned cash.

Will let you know how it goes.

Reactions: sar4ras

sar4ras

Aug 31, 2016
I sincerely hope they are because I have just given them my hard earned cash.

Will let you know how it goes.
I was going to order a U-NAS. I will wait for your experience.

MrT0ad

Jun 29, 2012
I was going to order a U-NAS. I will wait for your experience.
I did freak out a little bit because I never got a confirmation email at the time of purchase and shortly after their shop went down.

However on Monday I received confirmation of the order, notification that it had been dispatched and their shop came back to life.

Will update the thread once the goods arrive. This will probably take a couple of weeks.

Reactions: MiniKnight

Ed G

Aug 17, 2017
I did freak out a little bit because I never got a confirmation email at the time of purchase and shortly after their shop went down.

However on Monday I received confirmation of the order, notification that it had been dispatched and their shop came back to life.

Will update the thread once the goods arrive. This will probably take a couple of weeks.
:) Please do not keep us in the dark for too long. It's been a week since your last post and I truly hope your order has already arrived to your doorstep.

Reactions: Fritz

MrT0ad

Jun 29, 2012
:) Please do not keep us in the dark for too long. It's been a week since your last post and I truly hope your order has already arrived to your doorstep.
Just came back from holiday to find the parcel waiting for me. It was delivered on Monday while I was enjoying a nice time in Croatia :)

Impressed with the delivery time; somehow they managed to keep it away from HMRC's grubby paws too which makes it even sweeter.

MrT0ad

Jun 29, 2012
How are people liking this chassis?
I had a look and it seems workable however I may need to do a little bit of hacking and slashing.

Airflow on the MB area looks lacking; perhaps a large rectangular cutout on the top and modders mesh can take care of that. Don't want to reach for the tools too soon though, will have to give it some thought first.

Would have preferred SFF connectors on the backplanes rather than SATA ones but it would seem that is easy to route the cable spaghetti neatly and without further constraining airflow.

Molex MicroFit would have been a nice touch for power delivery too however they went for tried and tested AMP Mate-N-Lok (copycat) instead - at least they did not go for those evil SATA power connectors.

Will see tonight about the airflow through the drives.

Said that although is not perfect there isn't (or at least I haven't found) any other proposal like this one available on the market.

There was a similar but more refined proposition that looked pretty nifty from a completely different company but they sold it as a whole solution fully populated rather than a barebones case; between the over-provisioning for my intended purpose and the markup I was priced out of that one.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
There are lots of caveat's to this case I found when I bought it and started assembling.

The fans need to be replaced which requires disassembling the whole case
Depending on your motherboard you'll need extension cables which requires you to reroute around the case to get power to the motherboard
The power supply needs to be specific, anyone that built one, use their's as I branched off and ended up having to RMA a PSU to get a different one.
You'll need a low profile CPU fan and the case still gets hot where the CPU lives at. I have a Xeon in mine and the noctua fan does a decent job of keeping her cool.

All in all it's a big brother to the other one I had that had wretched cooling and cramped working space. I ended up shelving this project and bought a rack mount server to hold my data instead as it was easier to work with and I have a cabinet now to hold all my equipment.

asintado08

Sep 16, 2014
Anyone here who is using this case with one HBA and with one 10GB network card?

Specs says that it will support two pcie but im not sure if it will fit correctly.

K D

Dec 24, 2016

Specs says that it will support two pcie but im not sure if it will fit correctly.
It will fit but you need to get a very short flexible riser cable and fold it just right.

Reactions: noodlebeing

nev_neo

Jul 31, 2013

I was using it for a short while with both. Stopped using it because i needed that xeon-d board someplace else.
It worked fine with a 2x bifurcation riser.

asintado08

Sep 16, 2014
It will fit but you need to get a very short flexible riser cable and fold it just right.
I was using it for a short while with both. Stopped using it because i needed that xeon-d board someplace else.
It worked fine with a 2x bifurcation riser.
Thanks guys. Seeing the price + PSU + shipping, I might just get a 3u or 2u case. Hahaha

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Does the 810a come with the MB area exhaust fan or must you add your own? Also, would it support a SuperMicro FlexATX board?