850EVO SSD Sale - 250GB & 500GB

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

adnan

Apr 23, 2017
I would not spend a penny on these SSD drives, they are one of the slowest SSD drives I have ever used. In some work conditions they are almost as slow as a SAS 10k drive.
I've got an EVO on my laptop for over a year and no complaints.

mangodoc

Apr 26, 2017
I have a couple 850 Evo 250 GB in raid 0, not earth shaking but respectable. These came inside a "EMPTY" SA-120 Lenovo drive array that I bought on Ebay over a year ago. I messaged the seller and he said keep them, "my lost".

Attachments

AVD2359

Jan 27, 2017
I would not spend a penny on these SSD drives, they are one of the slowest SSD drives I have ever used. In some work conditions they are almost as slow as a SAS 10k drive.
They're good-value client drives, but definitely not a top pick for server use.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015

Not replying to @BackupProphet but quoting with emphasis for the others who replied above me, I think you're missing what was meant.

I took "work conditions" in the above quote to mean in a server or other demanding work utilization.

With that said, my wife runs an 850 Pro in her laptop ;) but as I type this from a 250gb EVO running on a XEON E3 v2 ;) works fine for a win7 desktop 100% internet usage ;) that I do know, LOL!

adnan

Apr 23, 2017
Not replying to @BackupProphet but quoting with emphasis for the others who replied above me, I think you're missing what was meant.

I took "work conditions" in the above quote to mean in a server or other demanding work utilization.

With that said, my wife runs an 850 Pro in her laptop ;) but as I type this from a 250gb EVO running on a XEON E3 v2 ;) works fine for a win7 desktop 100% internet usage ;) that I do know, LOL!
Well of course.

Everyone knows, for that they have the 850 Pros.

saivert

Nov 2, 2015
Norway
Looked at it. Not worth it after adding shipping and VAT. Only save about $6

Perfectly fine for hosting virtual desktop VMs on though or for use as a boot disk.

czl

May 14, 2016
Fine for typical laptop and desktop workloads. Avoid for servers. Their average latency is fine but their max latency is high. Under sustained loads these can SSDs can slow down so much that your RAID controller will kick them off. After testing them myself I do no use these with servers or RAID any more....