Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM / 10GbE

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

erifri

Mar 4, 2017
Hi. You've been using this for a week now. Is it working as expected? No quirks or instability so far?

I'm considering buying one and wouldn't mind a minireview before I place an order.

Reactions: dpfay

Matt Lund

Oct 20, 2016
This shows up on the compatible list for the (new?) S+RJ10 module which promises 10 gig over copper using cat6/7 in an SFP+ port module and has a retail price of $65. This could be the one!? If I could get the copper link to work this could be the perfect soho switch!

Reactions: Pradawny

Pradawny

Oct 16, 2016
Hi. You've been using this for a week now. Is it working as expected? No quirks or instability so far?

I'm considering buying one and wouldn't mind a minireview before I place an order.
I have not encountered any instability problems. However, I didn't have time for additional tests. I will try this weekend.

Reactions: armata

Pradawny

Oct 16, 2016
This shows up on the compatible list for the (new?) S+RJ10 module which promises 10 gig over copper using cat6/7 in an SFP+ port module and has a retail price of $65. This could be the one!? If I could get the copper link to work this could be the perfect soho switch!
Nice! :)
I asked the supplier, and the modules should be available in late October or early November.

Reactions: Matt Lund

tigweld0101

Apr 18, 2015
That's useful

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I ordered one of the switches. Has anyone pre-ordered the 10Gbase-T SFP+ part?

Will either get Rohit to work on this or I will do myself.

Reactions: Matt Lund

Necrotyr

Jun 25, 2017
Denmark
Okay I just received mine, and everything is peachy in RouterOS, but the second I switch to SwOS the fans ramp up. Anyone got an idea what's wrong?

dpfay

Jun 1, 2016
Where is everyone ordering from that they're receiving them already?! Maybe because I'm in cont. US but I haven't found anyone shipping them before next week!

dicecca112

Feb 10, 2016
I ordered from BalticNetworks, and the ETA is currently First Week of October. I'm also in Cont US

Necrotyr

Jun 25, 2017
Denmark
Could someone point me in the direction to installing SwOS on the device?

SwOS - MikroTik Wiki this is my first MikroTik device so still figuring everything out.
It's dualboot, you change it by following the instruction on the little pamphlet that came along with the switch.

"From RouterOS: In the System/RouterBOARD menu, click "Settings" and there select "Boot OS"

Or connect to the switch with a console cable and disrupt boot from there and press J to select OS.

nry

Feb 22, 2013
Thanks, worked perfectly!

Now to try get some performance out of this thing, currently only seeing 7.61Gbps

Necrotyr

Jun 25, 2017
Denmark
Thanks, worked perfectly!

Now to try get some performance out of this thing, currently only seeing 7.61Gbps
No problem!

I haven't even connected mine yet, I'm still waiting for some longer DAC's to cable my rack with, should hopefully be here tomorrow.

nry

Feb 22, 2013
Had a few issues with the unit randomly rebooting every 15-30s after updating to SwOS 2.5, then it reverted to 2.3 (shipped version). Now seems to be running fine!