Cisco freebies for the cost of shipping and handling

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
ALL GONE

A client of mine last year gave me these 2 things, and I later realized I can't use them:

1) Cisco ASA 5505-BUN-K9. This has no power supply, and I later found out the PSU costs more than I'm willing to spend to get this working as i have no use for it. So, this is untested and completely unknown condition internally. However, externally, it looks absolutely brand new; I don't think it's ever been in service.

2) Cisco C6800IA 48-port switch. This is a 48-port 1Gbps + 2 SFP+ 10Gbps POE switch, but it only works as an extension of a parent 6500/6800 switch. That last part i didn't know until I started playing with it; hence I can't use it. However, the unit powers up, and I have full console access and everything seems to be fine; short of actually connecting it with a parent switch that I don't have. I'm happy to get any console command output you might want, but the switch has empty config. (more info here: Cisco Catalyst 6800ia Series Switches Data Sheet)

These are free for the cost of shipping and handling. If you're local to southern CA, you can pickup for completely free! If I can't find a taker for while, they will probably go in the trash (doing some cleaning so want to get rid of things I don't need to make room for things I can use). Just PM me if interested. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogtech and sparx

cookiesowns

Feb 12, 2016
I would be interested in the Cisco C6800IA 48-port switch, where in Socal are you? I'm in OC ( 92704 )