Vsphere Certification - Advice requested

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

K D

Dec 24, 2016
Looking for some pointers. I have been self learning for the past few months using the mastering vsphere book and courses from Udemy and Pluralsight. I want to get a VCP certification and am looking for some pointers or some materials that can guide me through it.

I have the required hardware infrastructure in my lab. I have gone through most of the steps and examples that are “taught” in the books but from my experience with technical certifications in the past, this would not be sufficient to attempt the certification exams.

I will be grateful for tips and insights from people who have taken the test.

Are there any recommended practice labs? Any courses that would be helpful? Just point me in the direction and I'll start digging.

Thanks in advance.

realtomatoes

Oct 3, 2016
i usually just go through the exam blueprint. i focus on the stuff in it that i don't do much at work. once you are comfy with the blueprint stuff, the exam should be a breeze.

Reactions: K D

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Take your required VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage at a community college.
I paid for my own class, so it save me few thousand dollars.

There is a 6 month waiting list for Stanly community college online class, sign up for the waiting list ASAP
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage | Stanly Community College

I put my name in the Stanly.edu waiting list , but our local ( 35 miles ) community college open up a slot for the online ICM class. I ended up with ICM class from our local community college.

Reactions: K D

K D

Dec 24, 2016
Thanks @Marsh. I have put myself on the wait list. I'll have to check if any local CC offers the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K D

Dec 24, 2016
@Marsh. Thanks for the tip on the Stanly College. I had added myself to the waitlist and just got accepted today into the Oct end batch.

K D

Dec 24, 2016
Thanks. That is good to know. I start my class with Stanly on 25th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marsh