Hurricane Irma

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Here comes another one. If it makes landfall and heads up the Florida peninsula like they are forecasting at present, I'm in trouble. On the other hand, my woes won't be near as bad as the folks in South Florida. I pray that it heads north before it reaches the US.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Here comes another one. If it makes landfall and heads up the Florida peninsula like they are forecasting at present, I'm in trouble. On the other hand, my woes won't be near as bad as the folks in South Florida. I pray that it heads north before it reaches the US.
Hopefully all these hurricanes just stop coming.

Dawg10

Associate
Dec 24, 2016
1966 I was a child living in Key West when hurricane Inez blew in from Africa. The eye went over us in the middle of the night; surreal to look up and see the eye wall bathed in starlight.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I google IRMA track. Hoping for the best for you and Florida.

I sold off few ECS board to raise money for Texas.
If it happen to Florida, I would do the same for.

Reactions: marcoi and wsuff

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
It's looking like it will bounce off Miami/South Florida and then head straight for me. If I vanish, wait a few weeks before declaring me dead. Power could be out that long or longer. Got all my supply shopping done, plenty of fresh water on hand, tons of ice for the coolers and a high priced steak for my last meal.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
It's looking like it will bounce off Miami/South Florida and then head straight for me. If I vanish, wait a few weeks before declaring me dead. Power could be out that long or longer. Got all my supply shopping done, plenty of fresh water on hand, tons of ice for the coolers and a high priced steak for my last meal.
Time to get that backup transit line put in =) and a generator.

mackle

Nov 13, 2013
Up here in New England I have $25k worth of food, tents and equipment arriving this week and next, for a festival starting the 15th - you can bet that I've been following the models damn closely. Touch wood the remnants will be past us by Wednesday/Thursday.

wildchild

Feb 4, 2014
Not unless global warming is accepted and governments finally start putting effort in things, instead of denial.

Once upon a time lives through a hurricane myself, barely made it out alive.

Surely hope all people will be ok, and the worst part.. José is on it's way too, and already a cat. 3 and picking up speed

Reactions: _alex

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Asked a friend of mine in Atlanta to pray for me. she did and now it looks like it's going to bypass me and head to Atlanta . Now I gotta pray for her. :confused:

Kneelbeforezod

Sep 4, 2015
Where Are you in Florida? I'm in Jacksonville and we're getting a lot of run so far but apparently it's more due to our Nor'easter than Irma yet.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Where Are you in Florida? I'm in Jacksonville and we're getting a lot of run so far but apparently it's more due to our Nor'easter than Irma yet.
I'm just north of Savannah. It's been overcast with light rain all day but no wind at all. No doubt that will change tonight sometime. Glad it didn't follow the projected path as of when I started this thread but feel for the people of west Florida and the Miami area.

Kneelbeforezod

Sep 4, 2015
I'm just north of Savannah. It's been overcast with light rain all day but no wind at all. No doubt that will change tonight sometime. Glad it didn't follow the projected path as of when I started this thread but feel for the people of west Florida and the Miami area.
Yeah same here it will be interesting to see the damage in the Keys and Marco Island once it all clears. We've bands of heavy rain some strongish winds. There was a tornado warning in St. Augustine. Out worst is coming around 1 am.

Tom5051

Jan 18, 2017
These severe storms have probably been happening since before any humans existed on this planet and will probably do so long after we are extinct.