Dell R730 , Hyper-V server 2016, NIC problem

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

otaccato

Aug 5, 2017
Hi. I just finished to install Hyper-V server 2016 on a Dell PowerEdge R730 Server. However, the error shown that "No Network Adapter Found " after log on.

I have tried to download the driver from Dell webpage. but it shown unable to start the setup.

How can I install the NIC driver (Broadcom 5720 QP 1Gb)?

Thanks

vl1969

Feb 5, 2014
Hi. I just finished to install Hyper-V server 2016 on a Dell PowerEdge R730 Server. However, the error shown that "No Network Adapter Found " after log on.

I have tried to download the driver from Dell webpage. but it shown unable to start the setup.

How can I install the NIC driver (Broadcom 5720 QP 1Gb)?

Thanks
try searching for "Network_Driver_W205T_WN64_17.0.0_A00" this is the file I used to update after install. however my install simply worked .
I only had some issue setting up the 2012 r2 on my older PE R310 as the PERC controller on that one is not supported any more. I had to slip-stream the drives into ISO so it can install properly. and also have some drives on USB flash as well. also I could not install from USB flash. had to burn the DVD boot install from DVS and load drivers manually from USB flash during install. but again it was for the older R310 model.
R730dx worked fine to install, only needed an update after install and it was 2012 r2 not 2016.

Dev_Mgr

Sep 20, 2014
Texas
For future installs of Windows on Dell 12th gen (e.g. R620) and later models, use the Life Cycle Controller to first update all firmwares (they get pulled from ftp.dell.com via one of the LOM ports). Once this is up to date, use this same LCC to install Windows; it will ensure the drivers for the PERC and NICs are installed with Windows.

Reactions: Patrick