SDI signal over IP freezing

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chankster

Mar 9, 2015
I don't see anything that indicates the fiber extender device actually supports running through a network switch.

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
Does the video freeze on a regular interval? Any errors seen on the encoder -> IP device or on the switch itself?

What model of switch and how much data are you pushing through it total?

I have had HP and 3Com switches work fine for multicast video, and know of several cable head-ends which are HP based without issue. However I have also been able to overload HP and 3Com switches when the PPS rate exceeds what the underlying switch can handle hence the questions on model and total traffic in and out.

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
What model of HP switch do you have now, and what is the total configured output stream rate from your encoder?

The HP should be able to handle the traffic fine if the switch and cables don't have issues, the encoder you mention can only output 1G of traffic (there is an internal 2 port switch for the 2 Ethernet interfaces, not 2 separate interfaces). It is probably possible to configure the 4 encoders internal to the unit to put out a total bitrate > 1G that would cause issues however.

Hagen21

Aug 15, 2017
New York
Thank you for your prompt replys, I've just found a source of the problem - it was spanning tree protocol problem on boot up, so after spanning tree initialization all the glitches disappeared. Thank you.