New CHEAP 6 GPU Rosewill 4U mining case. Got it today, new pics.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
Too bad they only went halfway and left all the pcie slots you won't need rather than dual PSU mounts.

This would defiantly be easier than modding one yourself. I use 1080 TI's so dual PWS is a must. Not just for the wattage but the number of connections. I would like to buy some Gray Matter chassis but can't justify their cost for bent sheet metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MiniKnight

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Pics with a GPU and some measurements.

Front view with door open.

The Manual. LOL!!

Pics to give an idea of dimensions from gpu to side of the case.

Rear of GPU to center fan bracket.

Clearance above and below the GPU.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Adjustments that are available, both on the front mounting bar, lower rear gpu support and center fan support.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
It will hold probably any six of just about any gpu's with plenty of room around them.

The adjustable mounts for the gpu and center fans are a pleasant surprise.

Depending on the power supply and where the center fan mounting plate is located it may take six or maybe only five center fans.

I bought it from Newegg on sale for $109.00 and that beats the hell out of buying the regular version for $15.00 less then modding it.

The biggest question is the front door and placing fans there, 3 120mm fans would work with hardly any mods or I really think just removing the door and making a plate to mount some fans in its place.

I think with the door in place i would probably be too restrictive for cooling more powerful video cards but might be ok for RX560's or GTX 1050 Ti's.

The center fans you do have a bit of flexibility with three mounting locations and being able to mount them in front or behind or maybe both depending on position of the mounting plate, gpu's and power supply.

The fan header is nice.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Too bad it did not come with center fans! Buying fans retail is always so expensive

Interesting looking case though.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Too bad it did not come with center fans! Buying fans retail is always so expensive

Interesting looking case though.

I'm glad it did not come with any fans, save me the trouble if paying for then removing the crappy fans it would have came with.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
With the 8x and 10x GPU systems, no chassis fans + 1080 Ti's would be too hot. OEMs pay less for decent PWM Delta fans than we pay retail for aftermarket fans.

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
I agree about the fans, in the past when I bought the Rosewill L4500 the first thing I did was remove their garbage fans and replaced them with Deltas.

I am curious why they went the 5x80mm vs the 3x120mm fan wall their chassis usually come with. Im sure they have their reasons and it may simply be for more cable room under the fan wall.

I want to try some of these but I'll have to hold out for dual psu support before I can.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
With the 8x and 10x GPU systems, no chassis fans + 1080 Ti's would be too hot. OEMs pay less for decent PWM Delta fans than we pay retail for aftermarket fans.

Unfortunately i'm in no position to order tens of thousands of fans. LOL

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I agree about the fans, in the past when I bought the Rosewill L4500 the first thing I did was remove their garbage fans and replaced them with Deltas.

I am curious why they went the 5x80mm vs the 3x120mm fan wall their chassis usually come with. Im sure they have their reasons and it may simply be for more cable room under the fan wall.

I want to try some of these but I'll have to hold out for dual psu support before I can.

With three 120's it would make cable management painfull.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
for what it's worth, 80mm fans provide substantially more static pressure at a given level of airflow or wattage. For servers in general, that's helpful, as spaces are tight and the things you want to cool have a lot of resistance. For gpus in particular, you won't get much cooling without decent static pressure. On 120mm fans that generally means very loud + very high power use.