Supermicro PMBus Extension Cable?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

archmagos

Dec 16, 2014
Seattle, WA, USA
I was wondering if anyone had come across one of these before? I have an a1SAi-2750F motherboard mounted in a Supermicro 826 chassis and the PMBus cable (from the power distribution board) is too short to reach the JPI2C1 header on the motherboard.

I assume I could always make my own by rigging some pins and cables, but the connection onto the motherboard header will be a bit flaky since there won't be a retention clip to hold it in place.

poto

May 18, 2013
Necro, I know, but also looking for supermicro smbus cable extension, if anyone ever found them for sale.

Mounting uatx SM board in sc846 chassis, and smbus cable is a bit stretched.

Hoping for easy solution before I break out my questionable soldering skills...

Image00001.jpg Image00002.jpg

archmagos

Dec 16, 2014
Seattle, WA, USA
I never found one for sale -- I ended up replacing the power distribution board (which was on the list anyway) and that fortunately had a longer PMBUS cable (which effectively solved my problem).

poto

May 18, 2013
Thanks, will keep the PDB in mind as an option. Mine barely fits for now, but would need extending to use the internal drive trays mounted against pwr supply housing.

Regards,
John

jlficken

Apr 3, 2019
As a follow-up the list above worked great and I now have PSU information...woot!!!

I did get 12" versions of the wires instead of 6" just because the cost was the same.