Need some shucking instructions Seagate Backup Plus 5TB 2.5 portable

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I've searched to no avail. There are a few youtube videos showing how to remove it from the box it ships in (I have no clue why someone would need these. One is 9 minutes long :rolleyes:). Has anyone done this or know of a site that shows how?

TIA

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Oh it's different than the 4tb ones ? Mine arrive in some days.. so yes if anybody has instructions :)

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I ended up gently prying the top off but still managed to warp it. I had hoped to keep the case just in case I had to return it but o well. I used a set of automotive pry tools and the worked well but due to the location of the tabs I doubt the top can be removed without warping. I did a full format of the drive before shucking it and all was well so hopefully I'm good for the long haul.

morpheus256

Mar 21, 2012
Can you comment on the performance of these drives, and what your general impression is on them compared to the 4tb's I'm thinking of picking up half a dozen of them as well and doing the same thing.

Thanks

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Can you comment on the performance of these drives, and what your general impression is on them compared to the 4tb's I'm thinking of picking up half a dozen of them as well and doing the same thing.

Thanks
I'm currently copying a huge block of data to them. Once it finishes I'll benchmark them and report back. Copy from one HD to another via LAN (Drivepool at both ends) transfer rate is between 110 and 115MBs on fairly large files (1GB to 5GB).