Any interest in starting a STH group?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Most tasks are fill in to the best of your ability and you get points.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Most tasks apart from the quizes dont validate the input at all.

By mistake, on the post a link to your Wordpress install I pasted a link to a picture and got the points. I have no idea whether anyone is validating the results of the user inputs.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I don't think they are validating. I dunno. 10 of those certs and I could get a free workstation license?

mdcarlson

Apr 25, 2013
Evergreen, CO
I'm a CloudCred free agent looking for an active team. Could I join team ServeTheHome? If so, I'll need an invite sent to 'mdcarlson'.

mdc

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I'm a CloudCred free agent looking for an active team. Could I join team ServeTheHome? If so, I'll need an invite sent to 'mdcarlson'.

mdc
PM sent with link. Anyone that shoots a note in CloudCred, follows on Twitter! and joins the forums to ask certainly needs an invitation.

Cheers,
Patrick

Fzdog2

Sep 21, 2012
Lets get some twitter handles so we can complete Task 47. Need 5 to finish.

@Fzdog2 is mine.

mdcarlson

Apr 25, 2013
Evergreen, CO
For Task 47: My twitter handle is @mdcarlson.

For Task 150, follow team members on FourSquare: I can't find an "account name" for FourSquare, but my userID is 116930 profile is here: https://foursquare.com/user/116930/

The twitter task is only worth 50 points, but the FourSquare task (#150) is worth 500!

Task 151, is also worth 500 and requires team members to check-in at a "team destination". So, Patrick, perhaps you can pick a destination for us all use on our check-in.

-mdc

Last edited:

Fzdog2

Sep 21, 2012
Congratulations, your leadership skills in Cloud Cred have made you eligible for the VMworld Online Subscription prize. A VMware representative will contact you shortly to discuss the prize details and approval process.

Anybody else get to that yet?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Yes. I got that one. It goes though approval. My CloudCred t-shirt arrived yesterday also.

BTW there is a 7-day contest going on for Fusion/ Workstation to the top 10 7-day total point people. They are judging sometime today.

Also, the guy who was by far #1 on the 7 day appears to no longer be around on any of the leader boards. I think he may have been the example for their warning about just clicking through tasks.

@servethehome

mdcarlson

Apr 25, 2013
Evergreen, CO
My earlier post (quoted below) contained some tasks to pick up quick points on FourSquare and Twitter. Share your FourSquare and Twitter ID's here or in the team message board.

For Task 47: My twitter handle is @mdcarlson.

For Task 150, follow team members on FourSquare: I can't find an "account name" for FourSquare, but my userID is 116930 profile is here: https://foursquare.com/user/116930/

The twitter task is only worth 50 points, but the FourSquare task (#150) is worth 500!

Task 151, is also worth 500 and requires team members to check-in at a "team destination". So, Patrick, perhaps you can pick a destination for us all use on our check-in.

-mdc

Last edited:

MaxCFM

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger!
Apr 11, 2013
Atlanta,GA
Bit confused on what they are expecting for the "share an IT GEM".

It gives title, instructions and description as boxes to be filled in. There seems to be no way to see what others have submitted so no example to follow.

Ideas / clarification on what is actually expected ?

RB
Did someone figure this out? I got an email today with someones "share an IT GEM", I did a write up for mine just not sure where it goes in that task bottom or top text box?

mdcarlson

Apr 25, 2013
Evergreen, CO
Max, That was my fault. I put my "tech gem" into the message sent to the team by mistake. After clicking submit, I realized that there was a second form. I agree that the second form didn't make much sense as it appeared to be asking for a "Task" as opposed to some "gem" of wisdom suggested by the title.

mdcarlson

Apr 25, 2013
Evergreen, CO
Here's a possible team destination: Conneva, Inc. (my consulting company) http://4sq.com/bEFEQN

You'll need a street address for the checkin also: My office location is: 32200 Blue Springs Dr; Suite 100 Evergreen, CO 80439

Worth 500 individual and 50 team points for Task 151.

-mdc

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Here's a possible team destination: Conneva, Inc. (my consulting company) http://4sq.com/bEFEQN

You'll need a street address for the checkin also: My office location is: 32200 Blue Springs Dr; Suite 100 Evergreen, CO 80439

Worth 500 individual and 50 team points for Task 151.

-mdc
I checked in here. dba did also so we need two more people to check in.