EU HGST 200GB SAS SSD HUSSL4020BSS600 @55EUR

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Mirabis

Mar 18, 2016
I'm getting 'Unconfigured Good (Unsupported),(512B) from 3/4 drives.. and other one does not show up....

Odd, cuz almost all my disks are 512B

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I'm getting 'Unconfigured Good (Unsupported),(512B) from 3/4 drives.. and other one does not show up....

Odd, cuz almost all my disks are 512B
Definitely need to change block sizes for raid controllers.

MarkLuvsCS

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa, FL
shows up on the raid controller (ServeRaid M5210 during boot)... Not sure if I can fix them with a Ubuntu live cd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to attach the SSD to a controller in JBOD mode. Couldn't do anything to a controller with a raid mode if trying to tell the raid controller to put that device in JBOD mode it wouldn't work. The steps listed in the previous post were super quick and easy.

Mirabis

Mar 18, 2016
Definitely need to change block sizes for raid controllers.
Can't switch them to JBOD nor change block in megaraid software as it shows unsupported. As my motherboard is in for rma i'll probably send the disks back ;/

Might be fixable with a ubuntu live cd though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Can't switch them to JBOD nor change block in megaraid software as it shows unsupported. As my motherboard is in for rma i'll probably send the disks back ;/

Might be fixable with a ubuntu live cd though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why not just get a change HBA like a Dell H200 and flash it to IT mode?

It has nothing to do with the OS underlying the controller sw the disk needs to be attached to a passthrough controller.

Reactions: T_Minus

Mirabis

Mar 18, 2016
Why not just get a change HBA like a Dell H200 and flash it to IT mode?

It has nothing to do with the OS underlying the controller sw the disk needs to be attached to a passthrough controller.
Currently using a ServeRaid M5210 in MR mode (JBOD... no (hw) raid config).. but it just says unsupported and can't perform any action on it. Will check if I can find someone closeby to re-format them for me .. :)

Mirabis

Mar 18, 2016
Currently using a ServeRaid M5210 in MR mode (JBOD... no (hw) raid config).. but it just says unsupported and can't perform any action on it. Will check if I can find someone closeby to re-format them for me .. :)
Did some upgrades and can now change them from
- Unconfigured Bad to Unconfigured Good
- Unconfigured Good to JBOD
but shortly after it goes back to "Unconfigured Bad" with Drive Speed etc not being known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmk

Oct 15, 2016
Czech Republic
You really should use that SAS controller such as the H200 that was mentioned. I've now got 12 of these drives from the seller, and they work just fine with the following:
- connect to SAS-controller (i'm using the lsi 2308 on my motherboard)
- boot into linux (install on a separate disk if necessary)
- check SMART status (blocksize, general condition etc)
- format to 512 byte blocks if not already there
- do some kind of write testing to verify if you get any errors

Once that is OK then you can stick them on your RAID controller. However if yours have the humidity SMART warnings like a lot of these drives did the controller may not be very happy with the drives. My controller doesn't care, but the OS thinks the drives are about to fail any second now. Need to work around that somehow. Out of my twelve drives nine have that warning.

Reactions: T_Minus

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
You must convert them. You can't run them how they are on that controller without problems/not working.

hakabe

Jul 6, 2016
I'm facing the same issue (not connected / not working). I contacted the seller and asked if it's OK to format as they're not working with 520 byte block size. He told me to go ahead and format - and if that doesn't help, just return the disks for full refund. So big props to the seller. Gonna format tonight.

Sorin Bidian

Jan 13, 2016
Me in the same position. Seller sell different EMC SSD disk, not all the same. My disc is 3GBs and Samsung Brand. I can't format them . I try to connect on dell h200, hba H240 but I receive illegal commands using sg3_utils on Windows, Ubuntu live, etc.

I'm facing the same issue (not connected / not working). I contacted the seller and asked if it's OK to format as they're not working with 520 byte block size. He told me to go ahead and format - and if that doesn't help, just return the disks for full refund. So big props to the seller. Gonna format tonight.

hakabe

Jul 6, 2016
Me in the same position. Seller sell different EMC SSD disk, not all the same. My disc is 3GBs and Samsung Brand. I can't format them . I try to connect on dell h200, hba H240 but I receive illegal commands using sg3_utils on Windows, Ubuntu live, etc.
Oh. Have you tried CentOS 6 live dvd? As far I've investigated, CentOS 7 doesn't have a on-the-box support for variety of Raid Controllers, while CentOS 6 does. Maybe that's the case for the Ubuntu as well?

Sorin Bidian

Jan 13, 2016
I think is not drivers problems. Hdd is not accepting command to format. All view command is working.