FS: SuperMicro 2U 4Node Dual LGA2011 v4/v3 barebone

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jaket

Jan 4, 2017
Seattle, New York
purevoltage.com
Hello there,
I've got a Supermicro SuperServer 2028TP-HTTR currently for sale.
System is pretty much new and was used as a spare which we have a few extras currently so we are looking to part ways.
This is a solid system the only thing missing are the heatsinks.

Key Features
Four hot-pluggable systems (nodes) in a 2U form factor. Each node supports the following

1. Dual socket R3 (LGA 2011) supports Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600v4†/ v3 family; QPI up to 9.6GT/s
2. Up to 2TB† ECC 3DS LRDIMM , up to DDR4- 2400†MHz ; 16x DIMM slots
3. 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16 Low-profile slot and 1x "0 slot"
4. Intel® X540 Dual port 10GBase-T LAN
5. Integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM and Dedicated LAN
6. 6x 2.5" Hot-swap SATA HDD Bays
7. 2000W Redundant Power Supplies Titanium Level (96%)

You can view all of the specs here from SuperMicro's site. https://www.supermicro.com/products/...cfm?parts=SHOW

Asking for $2600 for this server plus shipping from Seattle, WA local pickup also works.
Any questions feel free to post here or PM me.

Attachments

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I've been looking at these hard core. I'd love to buy them and they are AWESOME machines/

I take it these are barebones? NO CPUS or RAM?

Jaket

Jan 4, 2017
Seattle, New York
purevoltage.com
Hello there,
That is correct it has no ram or CPU's in it. We bought it to be a second spare for a bunch that we currently have however it's not going to be used and rather not have the money wasted in it sitting unused I figured someone could put it into a good home and would like the $1000 discount on it here. :)

Benten93

Nov 16, 2015
I am also very interested, do. you have any numbers regarding Noise? Might Be The Killing factor for this Beast...

Anyway would you Ship to Germany?

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I'll help you out with that: They are ****ing loud. Mini hurricanes in these things. They aren't quiet, they aren't silent, they push air like a SOB. For a datacenter, no problem. for a home? Get in a basement and get some noise dampening.

Reactions: _alex

Benten93

Nov 16, 2015
We've got a "IT-Room" at work, but i guessed that will be too Loud for The room Next door.. Thanks Churchill!

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
IT room this would be perfect for. Under heavy load the fans start spinning and they aren't the quietest things. You can get after market fans to quiet them down but that's an addon. I have had to replace the crappy supermicro fans on my server and when all said and done have barely noticed it on except when I'm under heavy computational process.