Offline Friday PM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Just as a heads up. I am supposed to be flying back to the US on the top deck of a 747 right now, and about half way home. Instead, I am in Taipei for another evening due to severe weather.

I know I promised responses to some folks when I returned. It looks like that will be one more day.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Patrick does this mean that you will be covering Computex till the 3rd?
Took so long to get us to the hotel that the best I could do was walk around the Shilin night market, see the Fine Arts Museum and that district. Of course, it was raining and being from California I forgot a rain jacket so it was certainly a fun adventure.

It is 2:30AM here but United has us departing the hotel around 7AM to make a 12PM flight. They take the 2+ hour rule more seriously than I do perhaps.

Certainly an adventure.

wsuff

Aug 16, 2015
How far is the hotel from the airport? [Travel time estimate is fine.] Seems a bit extreme to leave at 7am for noon departure.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
How far is the hotel from the airport? [Travel time estimate is fine.] Seems a bit extreme to leave at 7am for noon departure.
About an hour but speeding car or taxi from memory. They love to drive fast but get caught in a jam and 2hrs is possible.
I have only ever done it usually late at night so not sure sure during morning.

So yes a bit extreme :-/

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
~40 minutes from most hotels I stay at.

Not happy with the delay but made the most of it.

The fun part is that the flight before ours today is already delayed.

britinpdx

Feb 8, 2013
Portland OR
Has the MRT opened from downtown to the airport yet ? ... if so the transit time from downtown to the airport should be ~1hr.

In the past I've usually stayed at the Courtyard Nangang and take the HSR to Taoyuan and then taxi out to to TPE. Probably ~1hr.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@britinpdx I stayed at the Courtyard during Computex. I usually stay at the Marriott there but I liked this better.

Instead of all that, 1400 NTD and a 40 min cab ride. Much easier.