Tgtbt - HGST Ultrastar 3TB pulls - 10.92

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Cybertron

Oct 4, 2016
Atlanta, GA
These drives are being sold as New.... has that been the case from the beginning? It would seem these would be pulls before a machine goes into service as they were default and replaced with larger or something. I'd be pissed if i purchased one with more than 100 hours on it since the listing shows New. But at $100+, i'm clearly late to the party. This truly will be sad if they ship. But happy for you guys lol. :)

Reactions: Black Ninja

Son of Homer

May 9, 2016
I doubt if they will be new. The title description says "pulled", and while the Monoprice site defines that as a new drive pulled from a pre-built computer, the comments there indicate they have been shipping used drives.

Black Ninja

Apr 23, 2015
In ebay they are clear definition what is new, used and etc. If they listed in ebay as new it should be new , are you guys with me on that ?

"Pulled" don't mean much for me, it could mean pulled from the garbage for what I care.:)

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
In ebay they are clear definition what is new, used and etc. If they listed in ebay as new it should be new , are you guys with me on that ?

"Pulled" don't mean much for me, it could mean pulled from the garbage for what I care.:)
At $10 /drive I don't believe that anyone would have much of a case arguing that they didn't expect to be buying server pulls. If they actually ship the 10 I ordered I will not be complaining that I want my money back because they have hours on them.

If these are unused pulls and they ship I will deem it the best deal of the year and feel bad I didn't order 24 and a couple of spares. (Not really, 15TB in mirrors will keep me going for long enough for 8TB drives to become cheap or ssds to become ubiquitous.

Black Ninja

Apr 23, 2015
At $10 /drive I don't believe that anyone would have much of a case arguing that they didn't expect to be buying server pulls. If they actually ship the 10 I ordered I will not be complaining that I want my money back because they have hours on them.

If these are unused pulls and they ship I will deem it the best deal of the year and feel bad I didn't order 24 and a couple of spares. (Not really, 15TB in mirrors will keep me going for long enough for 8TB drives to become cheap or ssds to become ubiquitous.

Is the principle I am talking about. To know what you are buying is only fair right of the buyer. It might be still great deal for you even if they are dented, but it might be e deal breaker for somebody else. Speaking in general if I encounter dishonest seller who sells used for new at very good price I would keep the item. I'll return it and get it from somebody else.

P.S. Don't fuel the scammers fire and complaint when it burns.(not implying anything about this particular deal, just speaking in general)

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
this is now listed at $101. I suspect it was a price mistake... someone entered the decimal point in the wrong place. will they cancel all the orders?

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
To be determined. In the grand scheme of things offer and acceptance has occurred. How ebay treats large sellers that reneg is an open question. In practice other than rating negatively I seen little recourse. I remain hopeful. As forroden noted I haven't been able to find much better the $20/TB for drives like these so $100 is overpriced by a fair bit for server pulls.

Jetlag

Jun 7, 2016
They sold out of high end PC processors for 2.50 each. I'd be surprised if they sent anybody anything.

Gio

Apr 8, 2017
am I the only one that placed an order on ebay, then received an email from monoprice stating it was a pricing error yet they have not refunded my order via PayPal?

Reactions: Joshua Handrich

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
No I contacted customer service and they said 5 days to refund. As it is still within the shipping window I can't even figure out how to open a complaint with ebay. paypal points to ebay. ebay has no immediate recourse and the seller say 5 days. We are keeping your money homey.

Laszlo

Jul 28, 2016
The same here. I have written both in mail and on Ebay to them, they said the same. I'm a bit nervous, I don’t think this process should take that much time. It like they are sitting on our money and might even use it.

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
Nothing to be nervous about. Paypal will cover it and monoprice is a large legit business. They f'ed up and took orders for a few hundred at the wrong price and now they are pissing about. Rude. Yes. Risky no.

Reactions: Laszlo