Zyxel gigabit switches with fs.com SFP modules

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Just wanted to share something i found out today. I have a Zyxel GS1910-24 gigabit switch. It has 24 ports, 4 of which are shared with RJ-45 and SFP. I bought some Zyxel specific SFP modules from fs.com and tried them out today. The only way I could get them to show link up was to manually set the speed mode to 1000-X setting. Any of there other 1Gbps settings like 1000-X_AMS or SFP_Auto_AMS would result in link down.

Is this what others have experienced too with Zyxel switches using SFP?

pc_doom

Nov 2, 2016
The SFP modules you have bought is compatible with your Zyxel switch? don't have this switch type, but I have got some SFPs from fs, which can works well with my UBNT switch.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
The SFP modules you have bought is compatible with your Zyxel switch? don't have this switch type, but I have got some SFPs from fs, which can works well with my UBNT switch.
Yes, they were custom orders from FS.com for this specific switch. They work, just doesn't do auto media detection.