$509.90 - Ubiquiti Networks US-16-XG 10G 16-Port Managed Aggregation Switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
And Cisco has a telnet bug for password less auto config.
What exactly is the point ? All switch management should be in a secured vlan right as extra protection)

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I believe that was sarcasm...but to be fair the vague sarcastic reference is not to their Uninfi switching or AP product lines...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You're right... it's to the company as a whole.

I do run their AP, but you won't see me buying their security based products!

briandm81

Aug 31, 2014
How would this compare to an LB6M. I like that it has the RJ45 connections... Noise doesn't matter. I really just want to connect all of my servers to 10GBe together. Right now all four are SFP+ and I have a Dell X1052. But I want to add one more server...so now I need one more port. So this or the LB6M? :) This one feels more future proof. I don't really need layer 3 at all.

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
How would this compare to an LB6M. I like that it has the RJ45 connections... Noise doesn't matter. I really just want to connect all of my servers to 10GBe together. Right now all four are SFP+ and I have a Dell X1052. But I want to add one more server...so now I need one more port. So this or the LB6M? :) This one feels more future proof. I don't really need layer 3 at all.
I have been running two of these with an X1052 hung off it for several months now without any issues.

sno.cn

Sep 23, 2016
I've got two of these running in production for cluster communication and replication, and they've been solid.

wildchild

Feb 4, 2014
You're right... it's to the company as a whole.

I do run their AP, but you won't see me buying their security based products!
well, that's not right, as isnt the comment above.

they have 1 leak in an old PHP in the airOS , and all their stuff's bad ?

do you need me to list all the bugs,flaws and leak in Juniper, Cisco, fortigate that have been discovered over the last 2 year year ?

btw their fix took 3 days, i believe that's something either Juniper of Cisco still need to lear.
remember a certain BGP leak that too juniper a whoaping year to fix

nitrobass24

Dec 26, 2010
TX
Let's keep this thread focused on the Deal/product. If you guys want to have a debate regarding security practices of hardware vendors I invite you to open a new thread in the relevant forum.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Ok - focussed on this switch.

The 10gbase-t ports don't work with most embedded Intel 10gbase-t nics. Very few DAC cables work right. And it's super finicky about the optical sfp+ plugs you use.

Ubiquiti knew about these problems in December during their beta program but decided to GA release the switch anyway. Read their forums for background to confirm. Pretty much they've been selling and shipping a product they KNOW to be defective.

Since Jan they have been claiming they will have new firmware 'In a couple of weeks'. Every week it's still 'a couple of weeks'. This has been going on for over three months already...and still it's 'a couple more weeks'.

This is not the behavior of a reputable company.

SINN78

Apr 3, 2016
Let's keep this thread focused on the Deal/product. If you guys want to have a debate regarding security practices of hardware vendors I invite you to open a new thread in the relevant forum.
Why? i wanna hear more :D

wildchild

Feb 4, 2014
Ok - focussed on this switch.

The 10gbase-t ports don't work with most embedded Intel 10gbase-t nics. Very few DAC cables work right. And it's super finicky about the optical sfp+ plugs you use.

Ubiquiti knew about these problems in December during their beta program but decided to GA release the switch anyway. Read their forums for background to confirm. Pretty much they've been selling and shipping a product they KNOW to be defective.

Since Jan they have been claiming they will have new firmware 'In a couple of weeks'. Every week it's still 'a couple of weeks'. This has been going on for over three months already...and still it's 'a couple more weeks'.

This is not the behavior of a reputable company.

They have released a beta for the edgeswitch counterpart, that next to greatly improving DAC compatibilty and a fix for the ethernet issues, also includes stacking.

They expect to release that soon for the unifi line aswell

Ubiquiti Account

But i do have to agree to the releasing while full well knowing there are issues during beta.
Community has given back the same response to ubiquiti, but they choose to ignore it.
Let's hope next time they do it smarter

Last edited:

Dan K.

Aug 30, 2016
Does anyone know if this switch works with the xeon D embedded sfp+ ports? I'm seeing mixed information everywhere.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Yes, works with Xeon-D SFP+ (not the base-T versions). Works with Optical SFP+ (limited set of optics). DACs pretty much don't work (a small number of 1-meter DACs seem to work inconsistently, as in works in one port but not others).

Dan K.

Aug 30, 2016
Thank you! It also seems it's not really compatible with any Intel base-T add in cards right now? At least the most popular x540s.