New Product: Mikrotik Routerboard CSS326-24G-2S+RM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bds1904

Aug 30, 2013
Well I noticed this on the Routerboard.com site today:

RouterBoard.com : CSS326-24G-2S+RM

Great price for a basic L2 24 port GigE + 2x 10Gb SFP+ switch that'll handle simple functions. If you aren't doing any L3 or LACP this should be a great low power option.

I use their RB260GS (also runs SwOS) for fiber links and/or port expansion when the customer doesn't require any special features. Never had a problem with them at all.

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
Thought it was a typo at first. Was thinking the CRS226 has been around a long time but this CRS326 is a super reasonable price for those that need the basics with a pair of SFP+ cages. Don't see it for sale anywhere yet but I am sure it will find it's way to stores.

Reactions: Patrick

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Streakwave has these available now. Got one delivered last week and configured it over the weekend.

Seems functional. Normal "Mikrotik" build quality - metal box, but seems thin, etc. Came with rack ears and PSU.

Couldn't power it via PoE from "standard" PoE switch - I think its proprietary, not "af".

SwOS web management is basic (really basic...). STP seems to be broken (or it could be broken on the Ubiquiti it was connected to). STP was "blocking" everything but traffic to the switch itself. Disabled STP on all ports and now its happy. Would be nice to have STP, but not really necessary for me.

With both 10Gbe active with SR optics and 15 of 24 ports connected it draws 12.2w. Running cool, no noticeable heat, no fans so dead silent (which was the main driver for getting it).

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
BTW - there is no setting for it in the web gui, but it does appear to support jumbo frames. Passes them just fine, at least up to 9k, which is all I tested. SNMP is v1 only, which makes it a PITA to set up with Zabbix since all of the current templates are V2 or V3.

Antonio

Dec 20, 2015
I received mine a couple of weeks ago,
I found the firmware v20 to be dated last year, It would only give very basic info on snmp.
I updated to the version on the website and now a walk details much more info, but it still errors out on dude with no such name (6).

Incidentally, Mikrotik just announced the CRS328-24P-4S+RM 24 port poe with 4 sfp+ ports .
It is supposed to be able to dual boot SWOS or RouterOS, no info on routerboard.com as yet.
But at least one site has some details.
Mikrotik Cloud Router Switch CRS328-24P-4S+RM - PoE out switch, 24 PoE out Gigbit Ethernet ports with 4 SFP+ cages in a 1U rack mount case - just announced! :: Mikrotik Switches :: ICD Group, Inc

nickscott18

Mar 15, 2013
Mine turned up today, just a couple of notes on SFP compatibility, as that's a common request.

CCS -> Other end
Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver | FS.COM (10G Multimode) -> Mellanox connectx 2 with Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver | FS.COM - works.
Cisco Linksys MGBBX1 1000BASE-BX-U SFP Transceiver | FS.COM (1G Bidi) -> Mikrotik RB2011 with Cisco 1000BASE-BX SFP 1490nm-TX/1310nm-RX 20km | FS.COM - needs more investigation. It's showing up in the SFP tab of the CCS, but just not showing link up - so there is some hope there.

When I've got a bit more time, I'll test with a couple of other options, but at the price point, it seems ideal for a small home lab (ie, 2 nodes, or desktop + server where you want 10G between those two, and 1G to the rest of the network.

Other notes - the port layout appears naff compared to what I've seen in the past. Port 1 is bottom left, port 2 is top left (I expected port 1 to be top left, a minor point I know, but not what I was expecting).

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Mine finally showed up today. I had forgotten about it.

At least something to do outside of CPU reviews.

Eric Faden

Dec 5, 2016
Is that picture correct? The picture on the site is the 317 I think... I'm looking at getting one of those. I'd love to see an 8 to 10 port 10g in the 200 to 300 range ....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
I've got something similar to this - I use it as an access switch for 1GB connectivity with 10GB uplink to TOR switch. I tend not to go near it because frankly compared to other switches / network devices I have got (Gnodal / HP / Dlink / Cisco) its UI is as wierd as f********k!! Wish they'd make the OS more inline with other devices (or is it just me?!)

Eric Faden

Dec 5, 2016
Nice. What's the price on the 317?... I only need like 4 ports... Basically the crs106 I'm SFP+

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SamDabbers

Apr 12, 2017
SwOS 2.1 is now available on the Mikrotik download page. There's no changelog, but now there's a LAG tab in the GUI with options for passive/active/static per port.

Edit: Also appears to support SNMPv2 and 64-bit counters.

Last edited:
Reactions: PigLover

Ashitakan

May 3, 2017
SwOS Changelog 2.2 is now updated. Someone had a chance to test LACP in CSS326 to see how it actually performs?

mikesm

Mar 3, 2013
Baltic now has this switch (CSS326-24G-2S+RM) on sale for $120. Amazing how prices are falling!

thx
mike

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
So far I am very satisfied with mine. Basic, but all I needed was low power, fanless and a couple of SFP+. It's perfect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk