UniFi Video docker?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Are there any regularly updated UniFi Video (NVR) dockers that users are using? I've seen some stragglers but none that look like they are regularly maintained.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Not me, I'd prefer the more traditional VM for easier backup/recovery.
I beg to differ. I run my dockers inside Linux VM's (which I backup through Veeam). The ability to quickly and easily move docker images/configs around between systems if the need arises is second to none from my experience.

Monoman

Oct 16, 2013
I beg to differ. I run my dockers inside Linux VM's (which I backup through Veeam). The ability to quickly and easily move docker images/configs around between systems if the need arises is second to none from my experience.
It's great to see your experience is "second to none" however I personally, as stated before, prefer the more traditional VM. I never said docker was wrong, just stated my opinion.

I see a lot of use with docker, and use it here in my lab.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
It's great to see your experience is "second to none" however I personally, as stated before, prefer the more traditional VM. I never said docker was wrong, just stated my opinion.

I see a lot of use with docker, and use it here in my lab.
Docker inside a VM gives you all the pros of a traditional VM just as you alluded to. It just gives me the added flexibility/maneuverability of docker as well. Wasn't saying your way was wrong either.

Monoman

Oct 16, 2013
Docker inside a VM gives you all the pros of a traditional VM just as you alluded to. It just gives me the added flexibility/maneuverability of docker as well. Wasn't saying your way was wrong either.
Yep! I get it, I just didn't see the need to move my unifi video vm around outside it's VM server lol. Maybe if my lab was 20 servers large, and I wanted to move it just to do so.

Can you present a real world use case for running unifi video server in a docker outside the "I can" I'm interested to see if it would benefit me in my setup now :D Thanks!

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Yep! I get it, I just didn't see the need to move my unifi video vm around outside it's VM server lol. Maybe if my lab was 20 servers large, and I wanted to move it just to do so.

Can you present a real world use case for running unifi video server in a docker outside the "I can" I'm interested to see if it would benefit me in my setup now :D Thanks!
Nope, this is definitely an "it fits my use case" scenario. I tinker with my network/lab a lot and flexibility is key.