Bunker Server Room

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bunker

Mar 10, 2013
I’m Building a new server room for our lan/community needs. I run a small IT firm on an island, a hard get to place. Our office is located in a large house-like building, the other tenants includes an lpfm radio station, design/construction firm and recording studio. The lan powers, VOIP, storage, distributed rendering and my tech experiments (Most Likely a few things I forgot to mention as well.) On top of this I have been hosting some stuff for local people/businesses including web, mail and backup services. Down time hasn’t really been an issue, I was very honest about our limited abilities and do so on a strictly trade/barter hobby only basis. Serious clients I send to serious hosting.

Current set up has everything behind the radio studios in one rack in a closet 4’x5’with a portable air-conditioner. This bad do to the small room heating up and cooling down so fast. The AC runs all the time and fails to resume on a power interruption. Our primary connection is cable running at around 50/20 Mbps and we have 1 backup dsl line. And as time ticks on the rack is getting full.

It’s time to move!

There is a small fallout shelter/bunker 14’x16’attached the building. This room was being used for storage piled high with stuff. Over the last few month’s I have been converting it to our new data center.

Goals:
-Redundant Power Multiple generators or flywheel 20Kw +
-Redundant cooling mini split with portable as back up
-3 two post racks, 1 four post rack.
-Conduit to road for 100Mbps/1Gbps fiber connection.

Here is our current setup:

Bunker

Mar 10, 2013
1) A blurry pic of Power panel being installed. 2) Finished Panel w/ led lighting waiting for gen-set transfer panel.

Bunker

Mar 10, 2013
Wood on left wall is for mini split unit. To be installed this week. Penetrations in far wall will be made this week to meet conduit for fiber/gen-sets. First generator will be unboxed :) Transfer panel will be installed.

Biren78

Jan 16, 2013
Cool! subscribed. hope you start running some resort IT with the new bunker setup. bet you could

Bunker

Mar 10, 2013
Update 3/24: The Fujitsu 12RLS is installed. Generator is Next. Started in on the low voltage wiring.

Bunker

Mar 10, 2013
I have 3 Ortronics two post racks and random 4 post 32u that will go in. I'm in need of a recommendation on a good ip cam that will provide security and a web broadcast.

leagle

Jan 1, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I've had really good luck with the Trendnet consumer level cams (IP572 series especially). If money is no barrier, then Axis cams are generally considered the best.

I have 3 Ortronics two post racks and random 4 post 32u that will go in. I'm in need of a recommendation on a good ip cam that will provide security and a web broadcast.

Last edited:

Bunker

Mar 10, 2013
Some updates.. Penetrations in far-wall done and conduit in: 3in to generator site and three 2in to roadside pole. Installed furniture. I now am beginning to build will give explanation of things when finished. Some pictures: