Fusion-IO ioDrive2 1.2tb - $240+$13 shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
I did some benching against a 950 Pro here. 960 doesn't have faster small file read/writes. Mostly just faster sequentials.

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page
Your testing needs some rework, I recommend upping your worker count on the iodrive and 950 to at least 4 or 8...

I also have a 950 Pro and on my system, it performed better at 4k than the iodrive (latest firmware for each). I can try with your same tools, I was using different test methods and apps.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

vBuild2BAU

Feb 27, 2016
Melbourne Australia
Weird... it doesn't have any production labels on the back and has an inspection arrow top left on the back.

This looks like it was a test board/show board, or a refurb that didn't make it. No FCC sticker or anything.

I'd send that back. Based on it not showing up even with the 3.x driver loaded leads me to believe the FPGA has been cleared, which won't give you any chance to use it w/o a JTAG programmer and some know-how.

Back of a production card should look like this:
Great information here - thanks so much for sharing.

What on the back of the card tells yout the firmware version that was initially loaded?

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
What on the back of the card tells yout the firmware version that was initially loaded?
Nothing on the back does. The cards are shipped with the latest firmware available at the time for the most part.

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
If you have a firmware that is valid with the 3.x drivers, the drive will show up, but might not attach. The fio-status command will show you an error message telling you that the firmware is not supported.

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
Oscaru: Another member just got two firmware-less drives from dopplerfx. One of them at least was one of the drives you returned.

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
yes , and i asked him , to be sure that those drive are working before sending them.

I opened a case in ebay, and report a problem in paypal.

there is no reaction any more from the seller.

WhatsApp Image 2017-05-12 at 16.56.34.jpeg

such a f..king ass..le

Last edited:

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
soo, the seller F**cks up and ebay also.

they both declined to get them back.

will check my legal options.

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
I'd show them photos from this thread, showing where the same drive was shipped to Oscaru, and the seller accepted a return for it already.

Reactions: S-F

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
so guys, I can only advise too buy anything from the seller ebay name : dopplerefx

dopplerefx on eBay

his argument is : they shipped to oversea. I have picture of the packing , extra safe option used before sending them.

he is obviously a scammer

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
I'd show them photos from this thread, showing where the same drive was shipped to Oscaru, and the seller accepted a return for it already.
i did , send him the link also . He is undiscerning