New pfsense issue

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
Tried updating pfsense from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 and got the following error when I tried to log into the GUI:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_current_theme() in /usr/local/www/guiconfig.inc on line 67
I thought it was just a very bad upgrade but it is still passing traffic. Any ideas on how to get the pfsense web interface back?

b0bb

Oct 30, 2012
I thought it was just a very bad upgrade but it is still passing traffic. Any ideas on how to get the pfsense web interface back?
You would be right.

Try removing all the packages do the upgrade and then reinstall, if that fails restore 2.0.1, uninstall then packages and try again.
You will have to boot from the alternate slice and then use the GUI in the old version to copy over the working pfSense install

I use the embedded version on the Alix, things have been rock solid until 2.0.2 showed up.

2.0.2 has been very troublesome for me, the DHCP client has intermittent problems getting a DHCP address from my ISP causing the dns-forwarder to crash.
The onboard DHCP server in 2.0.2 is quite buggy, the hostnames is sometimes not properly added to the DNS server. I use Unbound, and end up with the same hostname with 2 IP addresses, which cannot be deleted until I reboot the thing.

I find the upgrade of 2.0.2 not worth the effort, went back to 2.0.1 and things returned to normal.

Last edited:

coolrunnings82

Mar 26, 2012
I have been having quite a few issues with this release as well. For example, if I go into the network usage graphs, sometimes it will seem to lag and not load. If I try reloading the web interface or going to another page, it times out and nothing short of a reboot brings it back up. However, it will still route traffic properly. This has happened enough recently that I am not exactly a happy camper. Hope this gets resolved soon! This issue happens on a plain vanilla load with no add-ons.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Upgraded a box I had 2.0.1 on last evening. The issue you have is that after uploading the updated firmware, the box shuts down services before reboot. Before it reboots, that message came up when trying to access the WebGUI. After reboot it went away.