Ebay - 1u Dual E5 2660 with 64gb 150$ obo

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jaket

Jan 4, 2017
Seattle, New York
purevoltage.com
I'll have to get one of techs to check for those SSD's would be a nice score but sounds like Silvas was just lucky on that one maybe.
Anyone try a raiser card on these? Hoping to connect them up with a 1Gbps port. :)
I believe ours get in tomorrow or Monday.

Silvas

Dec 9, 2016
Lucky man. I finally got my two units today, no luck on the SSD lottery though- looks like they'd already been removed and a metal 3.5" HDD tray was just left loose inside each unit.

I'll probably throw ESXi 6.5 on one of them, and figure out what to do with the other. Still need to figure out an adapter for the 10Gig port - I guess an SFP+ transceiver.
Yeah I'm beginning to wonder if they were just testing mine and forgot to remove the SSD they were using for testing lol.

Looks like I was incorrect on my assumption that it was the 10G interface on this that didn't like my DAC. It appears now that its my Aruba S3500 switch. I couldn't get a link from a ConnectX-2 in my R710 to the 10G port on the switch either. When I ran the DAC from the R710 to the 10G on this server, I instantly got a link.
Further investigation revealed the Aruba switch may not like any DAC but HPE/Aruba so I ordered some Finisar transceivers that are listed on the compatibility list for the switch.

The Cisco 3M passive DAC does appear to work with this 10G interface.

qulix

Oct 10, 2016
If you just want to connect it at gigabit, I've temporarily used Cisco compatible GLC-T SFP modules in Intel x520 NICs at work. Those modules may work in these. I never tried gigabit optical SFPs, but they may work also.

GLC-T modules are pretty cheap on ebay-
cisco glc-t | eBay

I'm still waiting on my final invoice for the server I snagged during the last relist. How long did it take them to get back to you? I wondering if they're going to cancel it, or if they found this thread and are busy ripping out all the SSD easter eggs.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
If you just want to connect it at gigabit, I've temporarily used Cisco compatible GLC-T SFP modules in Intel x520 NICs at work. Those modules may work in these. I never tried gigabit optical SFPs, but they may work also.

GLC-T modules are pretty cheap on ebay-
cisco glc-t | eBay

I'm still waiting on my final invoice for the server I snagged during the last relist. How long did it take them to get back to you? I wondering if they're going to cancel it, or if they found this thread and are busy ripping out all the SSD easter eggs.
These guys take for ever to respond. Don't know if you got the 450gb 2.5" Netapp SAS drives. They accept the offer and make you wait for ever to send the invoice with actual shipping cost. Their packaging was top notch though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jaket

Jan 4, 2017
Seattle, New York
purevoltage.com
Ours took a bit longer due to waiting on a freight quote along with a few of them being cancelled they couldn't change the invoice pricing on Ebay or something they said so we paid via PayPal afterwards so that took a bit before we got the invoice. Wish the SFP to RJ45 was cheaper!

brendantay

Aug 12, 2015
Australia
Hi Guys, I have one of these at Shipito -(minden NV) - due to recently becoming a Dad money has become severely tight i'm looking to offload this if someone would be interested - rather than leaving it at shipito until i have some spare money.

If you are interested please let me know your address and I will advise postage costs as per shipito - Payment via Paypal only (as I am in Australia)

I am a fair guy so ill ask for the price I paid minus shipping to Shipito - $150USD + Shipping to your location.

asintado08

Sep 16, 2014
Hi Guys, I have one of these at Shipito -(minden NV) - due to recently becoming a Dad money has become severely tight i'm looking to offload this if someone would be interested - rather than leaving it at shipito until i have some spare money.

If you are interested please let me know your address and I will advise postage costs as per shipito - Payment via Paypal only (as I am in Australia)

I am a fair guy so ill ask for the price I paid minus shipping to Shipito - $150USD + Shipping to your location.
PM sent.

brendantay

Aug 12, 2015
Australia
Thanks for the PM's! i'm going to say this is sold as first contact is just waiting on shipito to confirm something with me - if not 3 more people on the waiting list- will edit this post once actually sold.

Silvas

Dec 9, 2016
Does anyone still have the manual for the motherboard inside this?
Apparently I wasn't smart enough to download it on my home machine. I'll be back in my office at my work computer on Friday and I'll check if I downloaded it there. It seems the one on the dropbox link has been deleted or moved or made private :(

Silvas

Dec 9, 2016
I cannot seem to find the internal usb connector to put the esxi USB drive in
I'm not sure if it has one... I remember seeing a SAS port I think, but not sure on USB port. I got rid of mine, transplanted the memory and procs to a DL160 G8 and gave the barebones chassis to a friend.
in any case, I found the manual off an alibaba listing for the board and put it on my google drive.
B800BoardManual.pdf