EU Intel 1U 2x E5-2660 2.6Ghz 32GB Ram 8 x 2,5 LSI raid shipt ~370€

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

unserved

Feb 16, 2017
Hello, i got this server but I'm unable to install any OS as no disks are detected.

I have BIOS updated and tried with many settings but no luck.
I'm trying to use a SATA SSD and also tested with SATA HDD but installers never detects them.

What could be the problem?

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
you will need to configure them first in the Raid Controller as Raid-0 ore enable JBOD per CLI

and after that you need the driver for "F6 installation"

Reactions: unserved

unserved

Feb 16, 2017
Thank you! It's now working, i was struggling for hours with a simple problem... what a noob i am...

PS. Sorry for the off-topic question

Chomes

Jun 22, 2016
Hello, I purchased one of this servers and while trying to update the SDR file to custom settings to lower the RPM fans, I messed up and I lost the FRU information, so now the fans are worse than before, as it´s not detecting the right hardware.

Could anyone share with me a picture of theirs so I can rewrite the valuesFRU.png , so the system is detected properly (board/case/backplane)

Chomes

Jun 22, 2016
sensors.png I have managed to get the FANS down, but I think I can still tinker a bit more with the settings. I need to figure all the sensors and the differente curves to see to which fan applies, because with the current settings the PSU fans are louder, I think I have increased their spinning.

I will update the thread once I know more.

Chomes

Jun 22, 2016
The file i'm editing is S2600GZ.sdr , it´s part of the bios flashing, step 4.. You only need to flash the SDR not the FRU.

craigdabbs

Jan 9, 2017
Could you attach your edited file, wouldn't mind having a look at it . :)

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Chomes

Jun 22, 2016
***I'm not responsible of any damage done to your system, proceed at your own risk****
***Remember to check on the temperatures, it works for me but maybe it does not for your system***
If you use a text compare with the 2 files you can see the changes on the Global Step Curve
Extract the file and you get the SDR file and replkce the one on the USB , then just flash the SDR update.

***I'm not responsible of any damage done to your system, proceed at your own risk****

Attachments

Chomes

Jun 22, 2016
***Remember to check on the temperatures, it works for me but maybe it does not for your system***
If you use a text compare with the 2 files you can see the changes on the Global Step Curve
Extract the file and you get the SDR file and replkce the one on the USB , then just flash the SDR update.

-----------
My plan is to try to get the systems fans to be at the lowest speed ,before triggering the low critical thresold around 2100 and increase the speed when temperature increases.

serverx

Jul 3, 2014
hello, i bough a couple of that servers, somebody know how change the manufacturer from EMC to intel?
thanks

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
while updating via UEFI you will be ask , modifying the FDR informations. The you can change any informations.

Chomes

Jun 22, 2016
hello, i bough a couple of that servers, somebody know how change the manufacturer from EMC to intel?
thanks
You can flash the FRU and update the information, but there is no benefit. It´s just for the information that appears on the BMCconsole.

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
damn , i messt up with some updating settings . my fans runs nomal , (pretty quiet) but the fan speed not shown :/

any tipps ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Flintstone