VLAN Configuration on ES-16-XG

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Mar 7, 2015
Not sure what I am missing here... I want to put three ports in a separate VLAN from the native, which I believe is 1. Supposedly, I should be able to go to Networks in the controller and create VLANs. However, I can create new networks, but there isn't any place to put an actual VLAN number, just a name. Any suggestions? Do I need to configure the switch using the CLI? My Netgear S3300 is much simpler.

Thanks,
Tim

Mar 7, 2015
I have the Unifi beta version of the switch, if that matters... No switch gui, only the controller. And my controller does not look like that, unfortunately.

EDIT: Scratch that. I see where settings is now! Why did they put it all the way at the bottom? :)

Last edited:

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
I cannot for the life of me, get my controller to adopt the XG 16. Controller is 5.4.11, and through a Cloud Key.
Even updated with the transitional firmware.
I can get an IP address, just cant get the controller to adopt.

Mar 7, 2015
I'm using the latest beta version of the Controller, running in Windows. I had to adopt the controller manually via SSH to the switch when I first got it before the switch would show up in the Controller. Have you tried (1) manually adopting a Controller, via SSH, or (2) trying the latest beta Controller, assuming there is one available for the Cloud Key?

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
Thanks for the tip Tim. I finally managed to do so after flashing the transitional firmware, and then SSH and manually adopting (had to do it a few times)

My current 0.60 firmware for the Cloud Key was sufficient.
Well, that's what you get for using beta products I guess