CEPH Install work instruction (Kraken release)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I just realized I rather obscurely posted in another thread a guide I whipped out last week that took me a few hours to test/validate that covers the 'vanilla/from scrath' install of CEPH Kraken (latest stable release) on CentOS7. Figured for prosperity sake I'd post it here to the greater community.

My setup if for a AIO config using all VM's but the OSD nodes have a HBA passed thru w/in vSphere w/ SSD's hanging off them. Modify to a phys env/all VM w/ vdisks to get started/play/learn to your hearts content.

ENJOY!

EDIT, somehow one section got cut off on the verbage in my6 word to pdf export (POS M$ word)

Should read (to right of Step 1)

1 vCPU, 2GB memory, 20 gb vdisks (OSD vdisks on ESXi local datastore per hypervisor host), 1 vnic for ceph-admin, mon01, and cephgw on primary vlan, 2 vnics for osd01-osd03 on primary and replication vlans

Attachments

Last edited:

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I was on the edge debating the same thing. Figured I'd let you drive that discussion. PM me if you want to have me clean/edit anything up and post there, give me the nickle/dime tour.

I've certainly got more background/test data on performance/use cases and observations thus far I'd like to cover/share if the opportunity permits.