Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jonathan

Apr 18, 2016
For your information i've connect the two PC together with the DAC.

Hi I had similar performances. Now I am getting quite steady 9Gb/s +speeds with Iperf 3. I have cheap dac's and same nics as u have. I have several windows 10 machines and one linux fileserver. No virtualization.

My checklist for speed is :

-On windows machines the drivers

-mtu I have 9014 on win machines, 9000 on linux, maxed out on switch

-windows driver... max out send and receive buffers to 4096 or something like that

-turn off antivirus. For me this affected suprisingly much to the iperf test speeds.
(Somepeople did recommend turning off the windows firewall aswell... I didn't)
I'm using different driver on both... Windows 7-10. I will install two physical machine to test with the same driver.
On win 7, you had to enter the number of MTU and on windows 10 it only giving you two choise, 1500 or 9000.
With win 7 set to 9000 or 9014, i get even lower speed 1-2 mb/s...

Changing the send and receive buffers???
You mean the(winsock default send- and receive-buffer size) by changing the registry?

It only test machine, i've disable essential/defender...

I will test tomorow two same machine.

jmoll

Jan 1, 2017
For your information i've connect the two PC together with the DAC.

I'm using different driver on both... Windows 7-10. I will install two physical machine to test with the same driver.
On win 7, you had to enter the number of MTU and on windows 10 it only giving you two choise, 1500 or 9000.
With win 7 set to 9000 or 9014, i get even lower speed 1-2 mb/s...

Changing the send and receive buffers???
You mean the(winsock default send- and receive-buffer size) by changing the registry?

It only test machine, i've disable essential/defender...

I will test tomorow two same machine.
Hi,

In following image you ca see my nic setup, drivers, and bus info. At least for me this configuration works

mellanox.jpg

Reactions: i386

Jonathan

Apr 18, 2016
Hi,
In following image you ca see my nic setup, drivers, and bus info. At least for me this configuration works
View attachment 4519
Just want to let you know that i found the problem. -> Windows :p i've decide to use Linux because i had no problem getting 9.4gb without configuring anything... and the nic issue is not the suject of this thread, i'll figure the windows driver issues later... I didn't succeed to get above 5gb on two physical windows 7 with both same driver, 4.95...
I have a good news for this thread now that i have two PC communicating at 10GB.
Trailer of the silent/mod switch serie will be out soon :)
upload_2017-2-4_10-30-43.png

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I swore off making cooling mods in the winter years ago. Always regretted it the following summer.

Dravor

Aug 17, 2015
Got mine today on an offer of $170 on ebay =)

Going to start with connecting my unRaid storage server to it via a Mellanox Card, and a Physical Windows machine.

No issues trunking the 4 x 1Gbe ports to connect to my Cisco SG200-26, right?

Thanks!

Dravor

Aug 17, 2015
Can't speak for your Cisco but they trunk just fine for my ole dlink:)

Awesome! Going to use the guide to set it up, if I have questions I may ping you.

It's amazing how much this thing has come down in price in 18 months.

rogern

Feb 10, 2017
Got this switch and it is working as a dumb switch for now, no ip from the dhcp server, but clients get an ip.
My plan was to use those 4X1Gbps ports for LACP and i then can not upload new firmware and to reset the switch.

The seller told me that the only thing was to put it into the network and configure the switch

Drewy

Apr 23, 2016
Shoudln't take long, minute tops. This is assuming that 1 of the mgmt ports is set to use dhcp. Try them both.