Supermicro X9SCL/M quick question about LED's

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TheBay

Feb 25, 2013
UK
Just a quick question, looking through the manual it mentions an LED called LE2 on the board, this is on the bottom right hand corner, there are three LED's in a row, LE4 is the first one and that indicates there is power to the board even in standby. Now the manual says that LE2 should illuminate on boot or when the OS is loaded, it's not lit up on both of the X9SCL's here, both running BIOS 2.0b and one has a E3-1230V2 and the other a G550T.

Can anyone check this on their board, it's the 3rd LED on the bottom.

Supermicro brushed me off with it's not a function of that board, but it's in the manual and a handy feature when boards are out of a rack knowing if it's booting or running an OS.

TheBay

Feb 25, 2013
UK
My Le4 is on, and the blinking one in the back.
Thanks Mike,
Blinking one is IPMI heartbeat.

So far no one has LE2 lit, did this never get implicated or an error in the manual... LE2 used to be VRM or CPU overheat.

TheBay

Feb 25, 2013
UK
Is it related to watchdog perhaps?
I have watchdog and various other setting enabled/disabled to try trigger it but nothing happens. I have even pulled the ram/cpu out, it will glow dimly if there is no CPU so I think it's related to the CPU some how.