male mpo guide pins

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

krista

Dec 22, 2015
i have a few female mpo cables that need a sex change. i've seen a few videos that show how to disassemble a *male* mpo termination (not the funky gender bending panduit ones, but the cheap ones) and remove the guide pins. this doesn't look difficult.

what i need help with is finding the male guide pins by themselves. if you know where to find them, please let me know.

alternatively, if anyone has any broken male mpo cables they'd like to part with for the shipping costs and a beer (or coffee), please message me.

pc_doom

Nov 2, 2016
yes, but where can i get the guide pins to change a female connector into a male connector?
Sorry, that seems more complicated. Firstly, you need get some MPO male cables, but if you have some MPO male cables, there is no need to change the MPO female gender. I see some company provide gender changes service, but if you spend time and money on this service, you'b better to some some new MPO male cables.

krista

Dec 22, 2015
hence why the end of my original post was asking if anyone had any broken male mpo cables i could steal pins from :)