Supermicro 4U quad node 2011 F627R3-R72B+ barebone partout, 40GbE, & more

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Fine print: I don't generally put things on hold unless I have a good reason to, however, if two people contact me about something, I tend to give priority to the first person. If you are around Phoenix, you can come pick up the items in person if you would like. Otherwise I'll ship it at your expense by a carrier of my choice (usually FedEx). I can ship internationally, however any prices with shipping included are for the continental US. If you find my prices unreasonable, I am always open to offers. I can upload higher resolution images if requested. Please do your research on all these items before buying them as if they aren't compatible with your stuff, I won't be held responsible for that. If you would like more pictures or have any questions, please PM me. Heatware

Feel free to entertain me with trade offers. I rotate through so much hardware and like new toys!

$1099 - Supermicro F627R3-R72B+ - Great quad node (which are hot-swappable) 4U dual socket 2011 barebone that's effectively brand new. Has integrated hardware RAID to the backplanes through an LSI 2208 controller. 32 hot-swap bays in 4U on top of all the expansion slots and quad redundant 80+ platinum PSUs. Interestingly it's very quiet when idle (quieter than any other piece of Supermicro gear I have that isn't fanless). What more could you want (well, I am parting this out, so lots below)? Even have the original box on hand (and rails) to ship this to you. Regrettably unless you're willing to pay for something that weighs 150lbs, this will be for the continental US only. One of the handles on one of the nodes got damaged unfortunately, but it doesn't affect functionality at all.

$249 - Supermicro 2026T-6RFT+ barebone. Dual 1366 with 16 hot-swap bays, integrated hardware LSI RAID, dual 10GbE, and more. Have 72GB of RAM I could include upon request. Heatsinks included.

$999 each shipped - 0 Available - 2 Sold - Xeon E5-2697 v2. Pretty self explanatory.

$249 each shipped - 0 Available - 2 Sold - Xeon E5-2620 v2. Pretty self explanatory too.

$119 each shipped - 0 Available - 4 Sold -Mellanox MCX354A-FCBT. Dual 56gbit InfiniBand or 40GbE and fanless!

$59 shipped - Sold - 2 x 8GB DDR3 ECC SO-DIMMs for Intel's Avoton platform. I used these in one of Supermicro's C2758 boards.

$49 each - 0 Available - 24 Sold - 16GB DDR3 ECC 1600mhz. Samsung branded and on Supermicro's QVL.

$149 shipped - Sold - Supermicro USAS2LP-H8iR

$59 shipped - Sold - Intel I340-T4 NIC. Genuine Intel and not some Chinese knockoff.

$39 shipped - Sold - Intel I340-T4 NIC. Genuine Intel and not some Chinese knockoff. Heatsink got a little damaged, hence the price (as seen in the photo).

$19 each - 0 Available - 2 Sold - Netlist EV1 PCIe accelerator. I really have no idea about these things, but there's a 1GB cache module that is backed up by a very large capacitor. Maybe you can do more with it than me?

$649 shipped - Sold - Lot of 20 x Hitachi 2TB SATA drives. All tested and working. Used them in my media server until recently. I really don't feel like selling these individually since I have a box that will fit 20.

$649 shipped
- Sold -Lot of 20 x Seagate ST1000NM0023 1TB SAS drives. Effectively brand new and under warranty through Seagate. I really don't feel like selling these individually since I have a box that will fit 20, but will split up if the price is right. I have a 16 bay ZFS based InforTrend SAN (new and sealed) that I'd love to sell you with these. Please take it off my hands before my girlfriend kills me since it has been sitting in her office.

$79 shipped - LSI 9750-4i with BBU.

$24 shipped - Intel 24GB mSATA SSD. SLC based, so great for caching.

$279 shipped - Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD. Great dual 2011 board with integrated LSI 2208 SAS HBA. Just the board and IO shield included.

Last edited:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Nice 4 Node @BlueFox I'm going to talk to a client about potential usage, way OVERKILL for them but for the price it may be perfect :)

Do you know, is each side independently controlled? IE: If the left 2 nodes backplane and/or power stop working do the other 2 nodes work still? It appears the HDD are all "on" the mobo/backplane per-ndoe, and not a shared anything, so maybe only thing 'shared' is power distribution ?

Trying to determine if 2 nodes on each side could be considered redundant vs. entire chassis.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Yep, you're correct. Left side and right side are completely independent. Power distribution is only shared between two nodes, so if something fails horribly, only one side would get knocked out. Everything else in terms of disks and the likes is independent to each node as well on account of the nodes being hot-swappable.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
CX354A -- Can they do 10GigE on 1 port and IB 56GBit w/out switch / direct connect on the other? Looking to do storage node connection + switch for 10GigE.

Any idea on usage... hours? TBW?

Thanks!

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
CX354A -- Can they do 10GigE on 1 port and IB 56GBit w/out switch / direct connect on the other? Looking to do storage node connection + switch for 10GigE.

Any idea on usage... hours? TBW?

Thanks!
I haven't tested mixed IB and 10GbE unfortunately. I know it does support 10GbE though. They were all used with a Mellanox MSX6036F. I don't have any cables on hand anymore to do testing unfortunately. :(

As for the SSD, writes are pretty low. I actually used it as a boot drive for my HTPC running Kodi. Running another on my pfSense box. Just wanted the smallest Intel SSD I could find. I can get the exact amount if you want.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
I may swap out your msata for on eon my pfsense if it works... ;) checking into it!!
@BlueFox thnx

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Added another Supermicro 2011 board and lowered some prices.

ekke

Nov 16, 2015
I'll buy the X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD mb, shipping shouldn't be that expensive to Sweden.

Last edited: