NEW GOOGLE CHROMEBOOK PIXEL - UNDER $300

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rnavarro

Feb 14, 2013
YOUR WISH IS GRANTED!

For $50 more you get the LTE version. UnixSurplus will upgrade your order but you need to CALL them.

They will be updating the main post with the bigger version accordingly.

I may end up using this laptop on locations where I can't get wifi but can get cell service.

Thanks @UNIXSurplus and @Patrick for making this deal happen.
SWEEEET thanks so much!

Reactions: UNIXSurplus

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
@Churchill IMO we need some pictures/ a review when you get yours. I thought this was an interesting item that @UNIXSurplus had available. Not really server related but really interesting.

This is going right under the xmas tree when it comes in, i may have time to crack it open and take some pix.

The unixsurplus folks were great to work with all it took was a phone call to get what I needed done. Easy peasy and they are planning on doing more work here as we've apparently got their attention.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
@UNIXSurplus is this really "new"? Does it come sealed in the package with shrink wrap?

What I'm trying to get at is... if I give this to people as a gift... are they gong to think it's new or it's like a recycled server? I like the servers I have bought from you but they all had signs of racking and wear. Not really gift-appropriate.

niftykc

May 18, 2016
@marcoi - I wasn't sure if those were just stock photos, but they certainly look new enough to me. Now to convince the decision-maker...

niftykc

May 18, 2016
FYI... I was given a budget of $350, and no more. So I made an offer in the eBay link above for that, and it was accepted. I would've preferred buying it from UNIXSurplus, but shipping costs ruled it out. (I think someone else can make an even lower eBay offer and the seller may accept it... If someone does, I'd like to know what the lowest offer is.)

Once I get it, I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Tim Huynh

Advertiser
Jul 20, 2016
Santa Clara, CA
@UNIXSurplus is this really "new"? Does it come sealed in the package with shrink wrap?

What I'm trying to get at is... if I give this to people as a gift... are they gong to think it's new or it's like a recycled server? I like the servers I have bought from you but they all had signs of racking and wear. Not really gift-appropriate.

We have a batch that has the inner box plastic sealed and batch that doesn't. Kind of discovered that the hardway as the outer box is sealed. If you end up with a non sealed one and you need it sealed for a gift, let us know and we'll get a replacement right away. We can drop ship to the person your gifting too. As far as we can tell, there is no difference in the condition between the two.

Also another heads up, batteries are uncharged. You should fully charge the battery before you try to use your chromebook unplugged. Let us know if you have any issue and we'll try to take care of them quickly.

Tim Huynh

Advertiser
Jul 20, 2016
Santa Clara, CA
This is going right under the xmas tree when it comes in, i may have time to crack it open and take some pix.

The unixsurplus folks were great to work with all it took was a phone call to get what I needed done. Easy peasy and they are planning on doing more work here as we've apparently got their attention.
@Churchill thanks for the kind words. We're trying to put service first.

Here's the $100 discount code for the 64GB LTE Version. STHCB64EXCLUSIVE

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I know y'all wanted some pictures of the unit as they just came in. Unfortunately this is as good as the pix are going to get. Why? You see these are shrink wrapped fresh from the factory style. If unixsurplus did this amount of care to make these suckers look brand new they deserve an award. They look like they just rolled out of Google's manufacturing plant and dropped right on your doorstep.

The shrink wrap smells new and there's no way in hell i'm breaking that seal as it's a Christmas present.

I leave it to those of you who got one to tear them open and show pix but i'll put $$$ that you couldn't tell these units apart from brand new ones.

350 is a steal for a factory refurb unit that looks brand new.

niftykc

May 18, 2016
Just to give you guys an update: I got my Google Pixel from eBay, and I would say that if it's a gift, I would definitely buy it from @UNIXSurplus. The eBay one I got is very clean, and so far is working well, but it wasn't shrink wrapped, and it's definitely not in "new" enough condition to be a gift. I like it, and I'm going to put either GalliumOS or Windows 10, but I would get it from UNIXSurplus if it's a gift.