Azure Stack preview now up.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JayG30

Feb 23, 2015
From what I read a while back people are not happy with MS about Azure Stack. They decided to change the way they will release Azure stack (and pushed the release date back). So instead of a software only release they are going with an appliance release. So you won't be able to run on any hardware you decide to use, you have to purchasing new hardware from a vendor like Dell, HPE, and Lenovo. Which is in contrast to how they ran the previews. The argument they are giving is to "better control the experience for users". If that was the case they should just release a HCL like all other vendors do.

See HERE for instance.

Needless to say that made me instantly not interested anymore. Was very much ready to test it out before that.

Reactions: TuxDude and tjk

Drewy

Apr 23, 2016
thanks for that. Maybe I should do the sensible thing and give up on trying to get the POC to run.
This is looking less and less likely ever to see release. I can't remember exactly how long ago I saw them demo this in Seattle, but it was a few years back.