Black Friday Thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I am proud of myself, this Black Friday, I spent $10AR for a mini-itx case from Newegg.

There isn't any good deals for me. Disappointed and happy at the same time.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I jumped on the $30 Hitachi 2TB Newegg deal on eBay. Ordered 5 of them. They just arrived and the packaging was absolutely stellar. Big box with molded foam inserts and the drives were all in the middle. The all tested perfect too. I'm impressed. :cool:

xnoodle

Jan 4, 2011
I got some Amazon Echo Dots (saved 10$ for versus buying it last week).

I got a discount booking some hotel rooms.. they called it the cyber weekend discount.

J--

Aug 13, 2016
$25 Logitech G502s at Frys, IF you were subscribed to their emails.

gbeirn

Jun 23, 2016
I got the $99 750Gb crucial MX300 Sata SSD from newegg on ebay.

Also got an Intel 256GB 600p NVMe SSD from jet.com for $57 getting me a round about way to put 1TB solid state storage in my NUC.

I also order two Alienware steam boxes from GameStop. $240 each with shipping for a Haswell i3, 4gb, 500GB, 2GB 860m nvidia card and steam controller. Not sure if I'm going to keep one or both or none. Step son has been getting interested in computer gaming and I thought about giving it to him for Christmas along with Overwatch and we could play online together.

Most I've ever spent on a Black Friday before.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks @MiniKnight I actually wanted a nice set of wireless headphones with a microphone for my office. It will let me get rid of speakers which will be a nice change/ less room and wires used.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
$150 Lowes Gift card is going to get me 30 7' T-Posts... oh the fun that's going to bring when I can get the Home Depot discount gift card for some more field fence :eek: LOL, sadly not too exciting of a purchase ha ha.

gbeirn

Jun 23, 2016
Jet.com code GMA30 takes 30% off up to a maximum of $30 off. Free shipping on most items. Some good deals on some HDD, SSD and GPU if you need. Best to compare to other sites cause not everything is a good deal.

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
I jumped on the $30 Hitachi 2TB Newegg deal on eBay. Ordered 5 of them. They just arrived and the packaging was absolutely stellar. Big box with molded foam inserts and the drives were all in the middle. The all tested perfect too. I'm impressed. :cool:
I was shocked at this as well when I saw the size of the box. I got 10 with two different eBay/PayPal accounts. Both orders were packed in the soft foam inserts that hold like 20 drives.

I'm still testing but so far all is well, no reallocated sectors. I was expecting ting at least one bad one. If they continue to test well I plan to buy another 10 next time they come up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roswellian

Oct 18, 2013
Same here. Did you do a full test on these hard drives? I'm using HD tune pro to scan the whole surface, and quick scan shows clean. I plan to do a full scan, and it will take 4 hours to finish one drive. Still debating if I should do that or not...:confused:

Update: I ordered 10. All of these drives were made in the 1st half year of 2012. Power on hours from 1200 to 1800 days, and power cycle is from 20 to 27. All quick scan from HD tune show good health. All drives have good SMART info, except for One drive, which has crc attention probably due to bad cable history. All look good and it's time to load them up!

Last edited:

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I managed to get the RAM I was after from ebay at a decent price and a 512GB Samsung 850 Pro just a couple of days before the sales. I spotted a reasonable deal and decided not to wait just in case it disappeared in the rush. Of course, the egg did actually put it on sale on Black Friday after all, much to my amazement, but for a measly $10 less than I paid, but I also got free shipping and the Black Friday deal was like $5.99 shipping or something like that. So I call that one a near draw :)

Other things I snagged in the sales were some toys for the wee ones and some wearable tech for the missus for Christmas. Not the best sales I have seen on BF by any means, but at least I'll be keeping the missus happy this year ;):D

Here's what happens when you soup up yer zen:

It goes from this:

To this:

I'm happy with that :p:D

Reactions: heathen