Random Hardware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
I'm still waiting on a simple list of hardware.
Yeah, I asked for a list of what was left too, so far didn't get it.

After talking to Gene on the phone he basically got screwed over by QuickBooks. His corporate account apparently doesn't allow selling Auction related items, so QuickBooks forced him to do a mass refund. I ended up not meeting him on Friday and pushing it to this Wednesday, so I still haven't seen him in person, but I haven't given up hope yet. I still want my drives! The story I got is that it's all just palletized and being sold to one of the big recyclers who's going to do all the selling and testing. Everyone seems to be reacting so harshly to this, I mean, yeah, he backed out on an incredible deal for most people, but other than time, did anyone actually lose anything? I know we're coming off of the mess with the 4TB 2.5in drives, but this guy is so much less shady than that, give him some slack lol. Although, if he was a little more communicative on here I bet it would go a long way (Hint Hint).

Geen G

Banned
Nov 13, 2016
Yeah, I asked for a list of what was left too, so far didn't get it.

After talking to Gene on the phone he basically got screwed over by QuickBooks. His corporate account apparently doesn't allow selling Auction related items, so QuickBooks forced him to do a mass refund. I ended up not meeting him on Friday and pushing it to this Wednesday, so I still haven't seen him in person, but I haven't given up hope yet. I still want my drives! The story I got is that it's all just palletized and being sold to one of the big recyclers who's going to do all the selling and testing. Everyone seems to be reacting so harshly to this, I mean, yeah, he backed out on an incredible deal for most people, but other than time, did anyone actually lose anything? I know we're coming off of the mess with the 4TB 2.5in drives, but this guy is so much less shady than that, give him some slack lol. Although, if he was a little more communicative on here I bet it would go a long way (Hint Hint).
Some people re ordered things and some didn't I had a few big orders that didn't feel like re ordering anything. Everything is going Wednesday weather it's sold or not. Some people have not even repaid for their things because they are awaiting the refund from QuickBooks so I'm still shipping there things in good faith that they will not screw me over. The reason I can't compile a good list is because so much stuff ordered and not ordered again that I literally have to go through everything I had packed take out the orders that re ordered. So with the time I'm consuming on it and all the quickbook issues everything is working out.

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
Some people re ordered things and some didn't I had a few big orders that didn't feel like re ordering anything. Everything is going Wednesday weather it's sold or not. Some people have not even repaid for their things because they are awaiting the refund from QuickBooks so I'm still shipping there things in good faith that they will not screw me over. The reason I can't compile a good list is because so much stuff ordered and not ordered again that I literally have to go through everything I had packed take out the orders that re ordered. So with the time I'm consuming on it and all the quickbook issues everything is working out.
PM Sent

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
Well I did offer to reorder and pay with PayPal right away, but you said your not doing that and only planing one or two big orders. Anyway water under the bridge, good luck with everything hope it all works out for you and the buyers.

Geen G

Banned
Nov 13, 2016
I had one of the guys pull something like having there lawyer from China send me a contract / simple bill of sale. Basically wasting my time so he had over 200 items on his invoice and I'm not going to hold my breath on ever receiving the contract and what not so if anyone is interested I have a few more servers and hard drives to get rid of before Wednesday.

Reactions: warlockedyou

Geen G

Banned
Nov 13, 2016
I have some of the other buyers who are following up with me on the stuff that was not sold in the above statement. With that being said you guys pretty much got it all and I thank whoever followed through with their orders with me. I have everything going out on Wednesday and also meeting with someone here locally on Wednesday morning. Most of the things are being shipped in good faith as I've spoken with some people over the phone countless days and something are actually bought but everything is done.

If you have not paid for your order and its being shipped in good faith because of the holidays and my push for time just don't screw me over haha which I know none of them will after speaking with them but again thanks everyone.

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
Well, it's 4:20 AM, I'm on site, the agreed meet up time was 4:00AM, Geen G isn't here, and it's been 24 hours since I've gotten a call back or text message. Looking like I've wasted time, sleep, and a 3 hour round trip drive. Guess that's what I get for being an optimist. Trying to decide how long I'm willing to wait to see if he shows up. Supposedly FedEx was going to be here today at 5:00am to pick up the lot of palletized merchandise to ship out based on my last conversation. Well, I'm 3 hours in the hole, what's another 45min, right? at least the fast food places open at 5:00am and I can get some breakfast.

Stack

Oct 3, 2016
Well, it's 4:20 AM, I'm on site, the agreed meet up time was 4:00AM, Geen G isn't here, and it's been 24 hours since I've gotten a call back or text message. Looking like I've wasted time, sleep, and a 3 hour round trip drive. Guess that's what I get for being an optimist. Trying to decide how long I'm willing to wait to see if he shows up. Supposedly FedEx was going to be here today at 5:00am to pick up the lot of palletized merchandise to ship out based on my last conversation. Well, I'm 3 hours in the hole, what's another 45min, right? at least the fast food places open at 5:00am and I can get some breakfast.
You might be interested in reading this: Don't get scammed

Reactions: abundantmussel

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
You might be interested in reading this: Don't get scammed
I've been bored while waiting here and chased down a probable real address for anyone interested:
That was the address used to register "getquickrepairs.com" which happens to have the same phone number registered I got from "geen g"

211 Almond Dr.
Baytown, TX 77520

The phone number is a T-Mobile prepaid out of texas also.

In my younger days I'd be inclined to do a lot more dox'ing and more digging, but not worth it. There's also a deleted facebook page with matching info in the wayback machine for getquickrepairs.com that's been deleted on the live facebook.

At least I didn't spend any money. I knew prices were too good to be true, just hoped to get a good deal.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
it still sucks when things like this happens. Many of us are hardware gear heads so the excitement of getting new stuff to play with is super high. then to have it ripped away makes you want to beat someone :)

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
I was expecting 12 pallets to be shipped today. Didn't recieve any images, videos or messages like requested. We last spoke at 3am.

Stack

Oct 3, 2016
I was expecting 12 pallets to be shipped today. Didn't recieve any images, videos or messages like requested. We last spoke at 3am.
I wish you didn't pay any to Geene Green (Aka Joshua Prout)

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
I slightly suspected something was up. So I will let the cat out and say I was looking at buying everything at once (with local pickup) when the refunds had been made. My intentions were to break everything down and honor the original deals that had been had after sampling and testing the hardware (to lessen my changes of returns due to bad hardware). The next thing I know the original deals were back on. Seemed odd since the person didn't want to deal with small purchases and shipping. The forum has been good to me and I may make a couple of bucks, so why not? I remember what it's like to desire better/newer hardware but unable to find decent deals. It was also to pay respects to a mod here that has helped me in many ways with hardware.

Last edited:
Reactions: wsuff and marcoi

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
I wish you didn't pay any to Geene Green (Aka Joshua Prout)
Well I was actually supposed to pay him right when I woke up. I've spoken to him allottttt this week and his techniques and ethics seem far from a scammer but who know till they get their stuff.

Stack

Oct 3, 2016
I slightly suspected something was up. So I will let the cat out and say I was looking at buying everything at once (with local pickup) when the refunds had been made. My intentions were to break everything down and honor the original deals that had been had after sampling and testing the hardware (to lessen my changes of returns due to bad hardware). The next thing I know the original deals were back on. Seemed odd since the person didn't want to deal with small purchases and shipping. The forum has been good to me and I may make a couple of bucks, so why not? I remember what it's like to desire better/newer hardware but unable to find decent deals.
It's his skype username that made me feeling odd, it's "MyDediBoxLLC" while he told me he has nothing to do with web hosting industry and he just bid for auction to make a living, that's kinda funny to me.

I then requested that we must sign a contract before we could make the payment, he thought it "a waste of time" that proved my guess.

I then happened to read the post on LET i shared above, Jarland has always been smart to find out scammers and he shared some evidence to me, that finally I was able to conclude Geene Green is the same person under "PrivateColo", "GoNode5", "JLPHost" etc, his real name is Joshua Prout and located in Texas.

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
It's his skype username that made me feeling odd, it's "MyDediBoxLLC" while he told me he has nothing to do with web hosting industry and he just bid for auction to make a living, that's kinda funny to me.

I then requested that we must sign a contract before we could make the payment, he thought it "a waste of time" that proved my guess.

I then happened to read the post on LET i shared above, Jarland has always been smart to find out scammers and he shared some evidence to me, that finally I was able to conclude Geene Green is the same person under "PrivateColo", "GoNode5", "JLPHost" etc, his real name is Joshua Prout and located in Texas.
I sent him a PM, waiting to see if I get a response.

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
I figured something was up when his paypal account got locked, i told him to contact paypal about it and he said he had a limit of 21 days. I called Paypal and we discussed the matter and they told me they would look at his account instantly and get rid of all his limits once he provided valid information about validaton and wait on his call at the time. I asked him to call them again and he replied with okay, after that he said paypal told him he still would be limited for 21 days. I called Paypal again and they told me they never received a call about the matter.

Sums up the problem right here, he is a snake. Be carefull next time and always get insurance.

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
Hi,

When I asked Green for tracking info that I was suppose to get today, he said Pallets were picked up, but tracking numbers will be updated 24 hours later. So Friday morning.

I wanted to hear your thoughts regarding this statement that he made.

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
Hi,

When I asked Green for tracking info that I was suppose to get today, he said Pallets were picked up, but tracking numbers will be updated 24 hours later. So Friday morning.

I wanted to hear your thoughts regarding this statement that he made.
Well at least he's consistent, he told me the same things about 12 pallets of orders I purchased.