Sun Oracle F80 800GB PCIe Flash Accelerator 7069200 LSI WarpDrive 6203 $195 + FS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

toomuchstuff

Nov 4, 2013
I just put two of these into a FreeBSD box. Each drive shows up with the MPS driver, but haven't tested ZFS yet since I don't know how I want to carve them out. Just an FYI, the ddcli tool you'll want to use in FBSD is on the Seagate Nytro WarpDrive download page. The firmware for mine is too old for the latest utility, so I had to pickup the previous v12 release.

toomuchstuff

Nov 4, 2013
I see the card on the Illumos hardware compatibility list (SSS6200), so I don't see why you couldn't make it work under OmniOS at a minimum. YMMV

Reactions: epicurean

MystPhysX

Nov 6, 2014
The ddcli version on the Seagate Nytro page is too new for my drive. However, the link to the older 112.00.21.00 version redirects to the newer version too.

If anyone has the older Windows version I would be grateful if they could link it to me.

chiuljnk

Apr 20, 2016
Sorry guys, I ended up picking up 9 of these at $180 in desperate bid to improve read performance in my environment. Does anyone have experience with using these as vSphere Flash Read Cache (vFRC)?

I'm using a unique setup with VMware ESXi servers, a multi-head Ceph gateway solution, and a big Ceph pool. I'm hoping these buy me time until I build an all flash Ceph pool by putting them in the ESXi hosts as read cache or in the Ceph gateways...
Following up on this use-case, i wanted to ask Did they work well for vFRC? I am having a lot of problems with mine, esxi keeps losing connectivity to the SSD and reconnecting.

Hal

Oct 2, 2016
Italy
For ESXi use you may create a VMFS-5 datastore and extend it with the other LUN.
Surely it is not a RAID but permit to use all in one datastore.
A bottom note: I have inserted a card in a working server :oops: Very BAD solution. Now I'm remade the server from scratch and I'm using Esxi 5.5 with the LSI's vib