Asus ROG 10G express network card 90$

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Have not really been able to play with it much. Went with it due to the price and power consumption, it is for my desktop machine and when i got it last month i picked mine up for 69$ shipped and the X540 were and Chelsio cards were going for at least 130$. Also this one only uses 6.4w at full 10g speed

Here is the manufacturers product page on these TN9510: 5-speed 10GBase-T / NBASE-T™ Tehuti Networks

Also would appear from looking at that page that it is a full NBase-T card so support for 2.5 and 5G

saivert

Nov 2, 2015
Norway
The Maximus VIII Extreme / Assembly motherboard which this 10G card is bundled with is ridiculously expensive. Why are people buying this only to sell the 10G card because they either don't know what it is or don't have need for 10G at home..
Nice if this picks up and there suddenly is a flood of them but I doubt it.
Asus should just sell this separately to any interesting parties. Do they really think this will work to create a market for 10G?

Aug 17, 2016
wow no heatsink. specs say 6.4w with 100m cable at 10GBE with what looks like under 4ms latency.
also looks like there is no flash or EEPROM chip so no firmware updates.

according to the spec sheet it does support TCP offload.