Domain name registrar - any recomendations

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Hi.

I currently have several top level domains, e.g. .com, .asia, .net, etc.
And a few .au domains

Anyone recommend a cheap and reputable domain registrar for domain name renewals?
I don't mind to have separate registrars for top level and Australian domains.

Smartyhost, UberGlobal (AussieHQ) and Netregistry have been bought out by MelbourneIT and their prices are through the roof! Go daddy's renewals are quite expensive too.

Anyone had any experience with Panthur, they seem a small outfit?
I wonder where you stand if the registrar goes broke, are your domains still registered till same end date?

Many thanks

Cole

Jul 29, 2015
I use Google Domains. Not sure what all extensions they support. mine are all just .com's. I use the included dynamic dns service for my personal domain.

Reactions: Boddy

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
NameCheap or ENOM

If you want an account at ENOM you can add sub-accounts too let me know, I can add an account for you at no cost.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I use DomainMonster, Hostway and NamesPro, always found them to be solid with reasonable pricing for renewals, free transfers etc etc.

Jon Massey

Nov 11, 2015
Don't use 1&1, they're awful. I ditched them when I used their "forgotten password" function and it emailed me my password in cleartext!

Reactions: _alex and Boddy

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
I've been using namecheap as a registrar.

My only real requirement is that the company has been in the business long enough and they have a clear business model. I don't know if they do anything else well and will likely never look.

Rain

May 13, 2013
Definitely throwing in another shout for Namecheap. I've had dealings with 1&1, Domain.com, NetworkSolutions, GoDaddy, Hostway, and a few others; I definitely like Namecheap the best so far. I cannot comment on their DNS and/or hosting services (currently I'm using Hurricane Electric's free DNS service, which is rock-solid by the way), but in terms of ease of domain registration & renewal, Namecheap is quite good.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Thanks all for your valuable feedback!
Very much appreciated!
Cheers :)

psylenced

Aug 21, 2016
Just saw this pop up:

It's Namecheap's Birthday

Renew and save!
On this date in the year 2000, Namecheap came into the world. Sweet sixteen years later, we're the internet's fastest-growing registrar, and you made it possible. To show how much we appreciate customers like you, today only you can take 15% off domain renewals. Renew as many domains as you like. It's our way of saying thanks for choosing Namecheap.
With some domains excluded on the fine print of that page.

Reactions: Boddy and Gerk

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Thanks all for your valuable feedback! Much appreciated! Thanks. :)