WTB 2/4 TB 2.5" Hard drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I'd think the admin could certainly check IP's on both accounts back to day 1 if the issue is ever in real doubt to determine any potential relationship.

I spoke with Patrick, he stated the IP's were different. GoNode5's IP was coming out of somewhere in Europe while PrivateColo's was not.

That's the info we know.

Flintstone

Jun 11, 2016
It would be a good idea to check if the IPs came from a VPN provider. Does any of the credit card companies require that the scam is reported to the police (they should...)? And I guess nobody expects PMs here are private - they should be looked into. This thing could hurt the otherwise nice and trusting tone in here.

PrivateColo

Sep 27, 2016
Let's see here. The thread that is now deleted showed GoNode5 shilling for PrivateColo. You can see in the Google cache the user is "Omnificent", not "GoNode5", but I remember in the live version, it was "GoNode5" shilling for PrivateColo. Also, in the cache, if you click on "Omnificent"s username, it takes you to the current/live profile of Omnificent, who is now named GoNode5. In fact, on that forum, GoNode5's user URL is the old username URL.

If further evidence is required, this month someone in that forum made a logo for "Omnificent", which is a GoNode5 logo, and where GoNode5 himself joins in the conversation.

So you're telling us that an established user on another forum with the same username as you who was shilling for PrivateColo, is not related at all to you? You, who just happened to be ripped off by PrivateColo, created your account within days of his, and are now the ONLY person claiming to have gotten his money back?

I'm ready and willing to believe you man, but you haven't given me any reason to.
I am not related to GoNode5 whatsoever to resolve that situation. Most refunds have already been sent. Most products have already been delivered if you have not received the products.

PrivateColo

Sep 27, 2016
It would be a good idea to check if the IPs came from a VPN provider. Does any of the credit card companies require that the scam is reported to the police (they should...)? And I guess nobody expects PMs here are private - they should be looked into. This thing could hurt the otherwise nice and trusting tone in here.
I do not use a VPN I use my home ISP an admin can see that in the admin panel.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
I am not related to GoNode5 whatsoever to resolve that situation. Most refunds have already been sent. Most products have already been delivered if you have not received the products.
Not buying that. You still haven't responded to me or presumably anyone else. Provide proof.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
Show me:

1. Proof of cancellation
2. Proof of Delivery (confirmation)
3. Proof of Shipping (tracking number)

I'll take any of the above. Still waiting.

pgh5278

Oct 25, 2012
Australia
I spoke with Patrick, he stated the IP's were different. GoNode5's IP was coming out of somewhere in Europe while PrivateColo's was not.

That's the info we know.
Interesting gonode5 ip coming from europe, there is a gonode5 business in holland, but there is gonode5 twitter account in LA and he uses wellsfargo? as per post here. maybe 2 gonode5's out there..

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
Here is a fun update I got from Paypal regarding my claim dispute. Apparently Joe sent over tracking numbers! I thought "Oh man I"m gonna see where these drives are at!"

Status
The seller has responded to our request for tracking information. We haven’t confirmed the tracking information yet but wanted to share it with you.

• Not Applicable tracking # Not Applicable

Yeah. No applicable tracking number. Why? Because they were never shipped.

Reactions: Bradford

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I haven't seen this level of scamfoolery in ages. I think Joe Myrez used to work at Enron.

CSB TIME:
This morning I wake up, have some coffee and open my email. The blinding light that is my ipad wakens me with "YOU GOT MAIL". I'm old school work with me here. I check my email list and see an email from Paypal. "Joy they've found in my favor! Awesome!" I say to myself and quickly open the email.

"Your claim has been closed as we have verified from the seller that the product has been shipped and recieved. Have a Great Day!"

I caught myself as I was about to hurl the ipad like a frisbee into the nearest wall in a fit of rage at the stupidity of Paypal. I get dressed and drive to work, running over in my brain how in the world could Paypal close my case when there is NO tracking number! Did Joe send them one? Am I missing a number, perhaps Joe Myrez sent the drives and Paypal has the tracking info! Eternal Optimism is a curse.

I get to work, head to the conference room, shut the door, glare at anyone who comes by with a "This room is booked." and they quickly scurry off. 30 minutes of hold time I get to a nice lady named "Jennie", who knows if that's her real name she had a southern accent but sounded a bit off, I know companies have trained call center workers to mimic southern accents but I'm a southerner and I can smell a phony accent but I'll let her slide.

We go through the case notes, paypal has closed my case said the equipment was verified to be shipped, and all was well.

Me: You are telling me the products were shipped?
Jennie: Yes sir, we show that they have been shipped and recieved
Me: the hard drives were shipped, recieved, and you have a tracking number that verifies this? Can I see the tracking number?
J: Yes, we show there was no need for tracking as this was a Server purchase for 1 month and we have the screenshot.
Me: Wait. What?

Turns out our good friend @PrivateColo said my purchase was for 1 month of "Server Access" and since it was for a Server Rental that there was no reason to ship anything as it was for a Virtual System. He sent Paypal a SCREENSHOT of my server access for 1 month.

At this point I start laughing hysterically. Some developer guy walks past and sees me in tears laughing asks if I"m ok and I wave him off. I then tell Jennie that "Sweetheart you got it all wrong, I bought Hard Drives not server time! Here's my invoice for 5 hard drives for the same price that I'm disputing"

As soon as she sees the receipt for hard drives she goes "Oh! Well that's not what we show in our system, let me update the information, and reopen the case." Genius move PayPal, things are getting better already. Paypal now has the CORRECT information and not the fabrication that Joe Myrez put in there.

We close the call by her saying that several other users may end up contacting paypal about this info and she flags Joe's account for further investigation. I wish her a Blessed Day and end the call.

Has anyone else called their credit card provider and got the same story that you paid for server time and NOT hardware?

TheRiderMan

Jun 23, 2015
Sounds like that 100% makes it clear it was pure scam - not that there was much doubt. However he's got no legit reason to claim it was for server rental.

Bradford

May 27, 2016
The funny thing is, there was really no hope for him to keep our money in this. I really don't understand what he was trying here. In the other forum, he posted he was raising capital for his business - that's definitely a scam, and one that would work. This though, this is stupid.

pgh5278

Oct 25, 2012
Australia
I haven't seen this level of scamfoolery in ages. I think Joe Myrez used to work at Enron.

CSB TIME:
This morning I wake up, have some coffee and open my email. The blinding light that is my ipad wakens me with "YOU GOT MAIL". I'm old school work with me here. I check my email list and see an email from Paypal. "Joy they've found in my favor! Awesome!" I say to myself and quickly open the email.

"Your claim has been closed as we have verified from the seller that the product has been shipped and recieved. Have a Great Day!"

I caught myself as I was about to hurl the ipad like a frisbee into the nearest wall in a fit of rage at the stupidity of Paypal. I get dressed and drive to work, running over in my brain how in the world could Paypal close my case when there is NO tracking number! Did Joe send them one? Am I missing a number, perhaps Joe Myrez sent the drives and Paypal has the tracking info! Eternal Optimism is a curse.

I get to work, head to the conference room, shut the door, glare at anyone who comes by with a "This room is booked." and they quickly scurry off. 30 minutes of hold time I get to a nice lady named "Jennie", who knows if that's her real name she had a southern accent but sounded a bit off, I know companies have trained call center workers to mimic southern accents but I'm a southerner and I can smell a phony accent but I'll let her slide.

We go through the case notes, paypal has closed my case said the equipment was verified to be shipped, and all was well.

Me: You are telling me the products were shipped?
Jennie: Yes sir, we show that they have been shipped and recieved
Me: the hard drives were shipped, recieved, and you have a tracking number that verifies this? Can I see the tracking number?
J: Yes, we show there was no need for tracking as this was a Server purchase for 1 month and we have the screenshot.
Me: Wait. What?

Turns out our good friend @PrivateColo said my purchase was for 1 month of "Server Access" and since it was for a Server Rental that there was no reason to ship anything as it was for a Virtual System. He sent Paypal a SCREENSHOT of my server access for 1 month.

At this point I start laughing hysterically. Some developer guy walks past and sees me in tears laughing asks if I"m ok and I wave him off. I then tell Jennie that "Sweetheart you got it all wrong, I bought Hard Drives not server time! Here's my invoice for 5 hard drives for the same price that I'm disputing"

As soon as she sees the receipt for hard drives she goes "Oh! Well that's not what we show in our system, let me update the information, and reopen the case." Genius move PayPal, things are getting better already. Paypal now has the CORRECT information and not the fabrication that Joe Myrez put in there.

We close the call by her saying that several other users may end up contacting paypal about this info and she flags Joe's account for further investigation. I wish her a Blessed Day and end the call.

Has anyone else called their credit card provider and got the same story that you paid for server time and NOT hardware?
Three CHEERS to Churchill, would have been tough staying calm thru that conversation..
Lets see if we hear from mr gonad5 and mr colo in the near future. and a lesson on buying from someone who just pops up in front us, with something to sell a few seconds after registering, instead of adding to the forum..My two cents worth anyway..

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
My scam sense was on red alert from the moment I saw the price. No sound business would sell drives for $70 that they could sell an infinite number of on ebay for $100.

The funny thing is, there was really no hope for him to keep our money in this. I really don't understand what he was trying here. In the other forum, he posted he was raising capital for his business - that's definitely a scam, and one that would work. This though, this is stupid.
Sadly he probably will (most likely already did) get away with the money. I'm sure he has already moved the money and closed the account only to vanish into the night. PayPal and the credit card companies are the ones stuck holding the bag here. Granted, I have very little pity for them. They make so much money it's only right they cover thier legitimate customers when the need arises.

raileon

Jun 22, 2016
Sorry to hear you folks are going through this nonsense but at least it sounds like you'll be getting your money back.

Unfortunately this doesn't just happen with new members and "too good to be true" prices. I got taken for $1.7k a few years back on a different forum by a member that had been doing group buys for years and handling thousands of dollars worth of funds with no problems. Then one day I don't know what the hell happened but he took the group buy money and vanished. Probably over 20k just on that forum and apparently he had been taking on orders for commission work for building electronics on other forums so who knows how much he actually stole but it was a lot. Also, due to the nature of the orders by the time everyone realized he had turned into a thief it was well past the deadline to dispute at paypal so the money was gone.

Lesson learned, never buy anything from anyone online no matter how good their rep is if delivery time is beyond a dispute deadline.