WTB 2/4 TB 2.5" Hard drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
I'm hardly worried. It's not hard to do a chargeback with my credit card. For now I'll be waiting before jumping to conclusions however.

Reactions: Kaishi

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I'm hardly worried. It's not hard to do a chargeback with my credit card. For now I'll be waiting before jumping to conclusions however.

I"m more ANNOYED than anything. Being out the money is bothersome in and of itself.

I've had a very good run with most online sales from users over many years and every so often one of these type of deals happens and it's frustrating. Hopefully my concerns are moot and everything is fine.

GoNode5

Banned
Oct 11, 2016
I"m more ANNOYED than anything. Being out the money is bothersome in and of itself.

I've had a very good run with most online sales from users over many years and every so often one of these type of deals happens and it's frustrating. Hopefully my concerns are moot and everything is fine.
Hopefully its because Monday was a holiday not sure if that affected everyone but I purchased 5 drives from them and have yet to receive them either ill give them about 2 more days before being majorly concerned.

Kaishi

Mar 7, 2011
No tracking numbers or follow up calls from anyone at PrivateColo? They seem like a real business, but these delays are making me skeptical.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I sent the dispute to Paypal. For those of you that are still waiting on your drives I would start the process now to get your money back.

Our good friend Joe Myrez has taken yours, and my, cash and ran.

Tech Name: JOE MYREZ

Tech Organization: PRIVATECOLO LLC

Tech Street: 13770 NOEL RD

Tech Street: P.O BOX 221

Tech City: DALLAS

Tech State/Province: TX

Tech Postal Code: 75240

Tech Country: US

Tech Phone: +1.4088312656

Bradford

May 27, 2016
I'm starting an Amex claim. Lots of red flags, I should have been more skeptical. Wth would a brand new business be sitting on so much old stock?

"I have 20 drives.... Oh you want 40? I have 40 drives."

Kaishi

Mar 7, 2011
I didn't want to dox the scammer publically but I already started digging, glad it wasn't just me. Best of luck in getting your money back, credit card companies should have your back.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I didn't want to dox the scammer publically but I already started digging, glad it wasn't just me. Best of luck in getting your money back, credit card companies should have your back.

Trust me, this is nothing, the man has a ton of open items on him already. Ther's so much data on him that I doubt that a CC company will have any problem finding him.

Unfortunately he's now committed fraud which is a No/No. Kiss that credit score goodbye.

Also his name will forever be tarnished with these fraudulent deals.

sno.cn

Sep 23, 2016
I sent the dispute to Paypal. For those of you that are still waiting on your drives I would start the process now to get your money back.

Our good friend Joe Myrez has taken yours, and my, cash and ran.

Tech Name: JOE MYREZ

Tech Organization: PRIVATECOLO LLC

Tech Street: 13770 NOEL RD

Tech Street: P.O BOX 221

Tech City: DALLAS

Tech State/Province: TX

Tech Postal Code: 75240

Tech Country: US

Tech Phone: +1.4088312656
Odd. He told me no paypal and sent me an invoice through privatecolo.com, and processed through square. Don't want to speculate too much, but PayPal may have been frozen from open disputes?

This was Friday evening. If nothing shows up tomorrow with no contact from the seller, I'll call Amex.

Bradford

May 27, 2016
You can see that he's active on this forum, his profile shows he was last seen 2 hours ago as of this posting. He's not responding to our inquiries, in my case private messages, and in this public thread.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
Odd. He told me no paypal and sent me an invoice through privatecolo.com, and processed through square. Don't want to speculate too much, but PayPal may have been frozen from open disputes?

This was Friday evening. If nothing shows up tomorrow with no contact from the seller, I'll call Amex.
His paypal was locked out when he tried to sell me disks. he 'fixed' his account and I was able to process the amount through paypal.

I was not about to go through Square as I don't know their refund policy, this whole process had red flags all over it, so I wanted as many possible courses of remediation as possible.

I let @Patrick be aware of the situation as well. This is a great community and he is very active in the boards which is wonderful. This is not his fault in the slightest but in case someone comes back and mentions this "incident" at least he's in the know.

Bradford

May 27, 2016
Hopefully its because Monday was a holiday not sure if that affected everyone but I purchased 5 drives from them and have yet to receive them either ill give them about 2 more days before being majorly concerned.
Wait wait wait wait... Are you the same GoNode5 posting here in the link @pgh5278 posted? This is getting more and more bizarre.

Reactions: pgh5278