640GB Fusion-IO IBM Brand $235

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Kaishi

Mar 7, 2011
I mean... if you have an Atom C2750 or C2758 ESXi host, or like a xeon e3 one... its almost down to 0.30/GB for a fast drive.
Can you explain? Why not use these with a different processor? I have some Opteron systems, wouldn't these work with them too?

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
@Kaishi sorry about being confusing. The C2000 only has PCIE 2.0 and these are PCIE 2.0 cards. The older E3's had PCIE 2.0 slots as well. I don't have any Opteron systems but I'd believe they would be good as well.

Kaishi

Mar 7, 2011
@Kaishi sorry about being confusing. The C2000 only has PCIE 2.0 and these are PCIE 2.0 cards. The older E3's had PCIE 2.0 slots as well. I don't have any Opteron systems but I'd believe they would be good as well.
Right on. So they're a good choice for AMD offerings as well.

My ZFS-based storage server needs an L2ARC, and I'm guessing this would work quite well.

Last edited:

Kaishi

Mar 7, 2011
Kaishi, FusionIO may not easily work with BSD offerings (ie FreeNAS) - just FYI in case that pertains to you
Thanks for the heads up! I'm running on Illumos (Solaris-type) ZFS at this point (specifically OpenIndiana 151a9, but intending to move to OmniOS or otherwise something else). Do you know if there's support for FusionIO in Illumos?