FS: Intel Xeon X5670's

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chankster

Mar 9, 2015
I've got many Intel X5670s from working server pulls. Every processor will be tested with IPDT prior to shipping.
  • Single: $55 + $5 shipping
  • Matched Pair: $120 + $5 shipping
  • Matched Quad: $250 + $5 shipping
  • I even have up to 9 matched CPUs if someone happens to be interested.
Payment via Paypal or trades such as mechanical keyboard w/ clears, gigabit PoE rackmount switch, or PM me for other homelab gear.

http://i.imgur.com/3Afl6Gl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/A6zoaet.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/84695BX.jpg

Last edited:

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
I thought matched pairs were more of a marketing gimmick and only had anecdotal evidence supporting them. This thread seems to support that. Also logically it doesn't make sense as if you have a CPU fail you're not getting a matched replacement and replacing both doesn't make sense. Either way good luck with the sale.

Edit: To clarify I mean I can't find proof of the value of matching CPUs any further than the steppings.

Last edited:

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Just bought a pair of x5670 for $100 a couple of weeks ago from Ebay....
That's pretty good. I bought a pair of x5650 for 100 a few months back and it took me a while to get it too. I should ve done search also for these. maybe x5650 are more well known and more people searched for it?

Well, any rate, I 've moved onto dual e5-2670 now.

Chankster

Mar 9, 2015
why are you pricing it like that? usually the more units bought at once get some discount per unit but here, the more you buy at once, the more expensive per unit ?!?!
The emphasis being on matched sets. If you don't need them to be matched then send over an offer.

Last edited:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
For clarification what does "matched pair" mean to you @Chankster ?
Does it mean same stepping? Or does it mean those 2 were working together previously and removed and for sale together? If so, how do you have "4" matching?

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
@Chankster back to my original point, is there any evidence that having those numbers matched provides any verifiable benefit? I'm not trying to slam your thread, but this has always been something that I've wondered about and can't find anything definitive, although that thread I linked had some good info. If there is a real benefit then your pricing could make sense. If not then I don't think there's extra value in the matching.

Last edited:

Chankster

Mar 9, 2015
If you'd like to discuss evidence of the benefit (or not) of matching CPU's it would be better suited as a thread in the Proc/Mobo section. Otherwise some people see value in having matched CPUs and I'm providing that option. If you don't need/care for them to be matched, as previously stated, PM me and we can work out a discount for multiples.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I would be interested but not gonna pay more for a set than for 2 singles no matter what anyone says.