AU server stuff at Graysonline FYI

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Graysonline is an Australian auction clearance site. They seem to have bit of stuff listed. FYI

Most stuff is for pick up in NSW though.

Vendor packing may be okay. But if stuff is sold by business that has gone into liquidation, etc.
Graysonline packing can have a lot to be desired.
I had PCs packed in extra large boxes with just a couple of sheets of brown paper crumpled up for protection.

Please note 'buyers premium' of 17.5% and shipping & handling charges.

Here is some of their stuff. FYI:

Buy it-enterprise-01 Online - GraysOnline Australia

Servers - Buy Servers Online - GraysOnline Australia

dgcruzing

Jul 24, 2016
Gold Coast Qleensland
Bobby, hope you havent been bidding against me on any of the Lenovo yoga 900s that have been coming through.. lol.. I am waiting on some motherboards to turn up in next week.. with luck it's a quick replacement.. otherwise i am screwed..

I had to visit a client that was running one of them up in Townsville a few weeks ago.. and they look good for client presentations.. that tent look and the specs they are packing for such a small rig.

As said..with luck the two I picked up I can get one going to keep and flick the other on eBay after I refurbish it..
O the joys of tinkering...

Last edited:

dgcruzing

Jul 24, 2016
Gold Coast Qleensland
I have grabbed a couple few things.. but have found like all auctions know your price points and be prepared to walk away. Seems there is a few to many resellers on there that are over paying for items..some of the prices on the X1s are way too high..

Picked up a new Dell laser printer for $9 the other day and grabbed the toner for around 1/2 price.. so have enough for 10-15000 sheets of printing so for the $230 delivered to the doorstep it makes it worth while..
I have spent close to $500 on inkjet ink this last 12 months so I can see a good saving from it..(home office doing trade training so use a lot of paper for clients assessments).

I have been checking for a load of ssds to turn up but as yet nothing to get excited about..

The Yoga 900s are just for play and as I have found a motherboard supplier for them with luck it's a swop out and I have a new toy to play with.. there is not much to them and have got the teardown down pat as used to pulling tablets apart and replacing screens..

Reactions: Boddy

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Graysonline used to be much better, seem higher priced these days, but if you are lucky you can pick up the occasional bargain, like printer. Though always better to compare prices with retail to make sure you don't over pay. You should notice big cost savings going from bubblejet to laser printer. (Though Officeworks printing for about 9 cents a sheet is good also, if you have one local.)

Depend what SSDs you are after but I found EBay can be good for SSDs, if you keep your eyes open and find seller who hasn't moved stock for awhile and happy to Best Offer. There has been some good deals on Newegg too. I can buy on Newegg on EBay, but with Newegg site, the added cost of getting 3rd part purchaser or USA credit card does not make it so worthwhile. SSDs seem to be coming down in price lately. Probably helped with new and emerging formats coming out these days. I have a training background, when you say 'trade' do you mean like apprentices or stock market.

psylenced

Aug 21, 2016
Wasn't going to say anything (because I wanted it) -

Was hoping it was going to go un-noticed, but saw this amongst that batch of items from that auction lot.

Dell PowerEdge FC630 Server Node Auction (0001-2158312) | GraysOnline Australia
  • 2x Intel Xeon E5-2698 v3 2.3GHz,40M Cache,9.60GT/s QPI,Turbo,HT,16C/32T (135W) Max Mem 2133MHz
  • 24x 32GB LRDIMM, 2133 MT/s, Quad Rank, x4 Data Width
  • 2x 300GB 15K RPM SAS 12Gbps 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive
The bad picture and description unfortunately weren't enough to let it go for cheap, but now well outside by budget - and has just jumped up heaps in the last few minutes.

Bid Time Bid Price
28/09/2016 2.55.58 PM AEST AU $5,459
28/09/2016 2.57.40 PM AEST AU $5,434
28/09/2016 2.53.48 PM AEST AU $5,134
28/09/2016 12.16.19 PM AEST AU $2,059
27/09/2016 6.53.31 PM AEST AU $1,609
27/09/2016 7.13.44 PM AEST AU $1,384
27/09/2016 3.54.21 PM AEST AU $1,234