SOLD: Two Supermicro Quad-Socket G34, 48-Core Platforms

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Linden

Aug 26, 2016
Eagle River, Alaska
ALL SOLD ALL SOLD

New price: $350, shipped USPS Priority
Only one left

I have two Supermicro, quad-socket, G34 platforms for sale. Both platforms are used. The platforms each include 4 AMD Opteron 6100 series, 12-core CPUs; 16 modules of non-ECC DDR3 memory to populate all motherboard DIMMs; and 4 high-performance, relatively quiet CPU heatsinks. The heatsinks are aftermarket enthusiast/gaming tower heatsinks, which affix to the Supermicro motherboards with custom hardware. (I do not have OEM-type low profile (loud) heatsinks.) The boards, CPUs, and memory are in excellent condition, and the heatsinks are in very good condition. Both systems were cleaned regularly and were very well cooled. CPU temps never exceeded 52C. (Heatsinks include mounting hardware but not fans. If you need 120mm fans, we can probably work that out.) To my knowledge, both these systems have 100% functionality.

Yes, I am new to Servethehome. If you are wary of a new guy selling goods, please check out my trading history at Heatware, where it documents over 240 of my computer hardware trades. I am also active at Hardforum ("Linden") and Overclockers ("Leonardo") forums.

I'm asking $350 for the platform, which will include USPS Priority shipping:

////SOLD////G3’ Package
Motherboard: Supermicro H8QGi+-F (Socket G34), Rev. 1.01
CPU: 4 X AMD Opteron 6172, 12-Core, Magny Cours, 12-core
Memory: Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600, 1.5v, 32GB/16 X 2GB
CPU Heatsink: 4 X Cooler Master Hyper 212, custom mounting hardware for SWTX motherboard

////SOLD////‘G7’ Package
Motherboard: Supermicro H8QGi-F (Socket G34), Rev. 1.0
CPU: 4 X AMD Opteron 6174, Magny Cours, 12-core
Memory: G.Skill, Ripjaws, DDR3 1333, 1.5v, CL 7, 32GB/16 X 2GB
CPU Heatsink: 4 X Cooler Master Hyper 212, custom and original hardware (missing backplates for ATX motherboards)

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Last edited:

Linden

Aug 26, 2016
Eagle River, Alaska
As far as the motherboard tray of a computer being pre-drilled for the SWTX mounting pattern, I am not aware of any cases. A couple years back, I know there were some enthusiasts with such cases that were SWTX-ready, but I can't recall brand or model.

Plenty of cases will definitely fit the SWTX board with modifications. I had four SWTX systems, one mounted on a wooden platform, and three in customized "full tower" cases: Cooler Master HAF X, Cooler Master HAF 932, and Rocketfish (model?)/Lian Li. Modifications will involve drilling and tapping holes for the motherboard standoffs, or alternatively, drill smooth holes and mounting the board with (tiny) nuts and bolts. I used the latter method. There were no shorting problems at all; but the nut/bolt hardware must fit snuggly. You may also need to remove some of the I/O metal from the back of the case. Both of the HAF cases I referenced are excellent coolers for the 4P configurations, given the 200mm side and top fans.

There are other cases as well that will accommodate the SWTX platform; but I am personally experienced with the ones above. If you are interesting modding a case, there's quite a bit of documentation for SWTX case modding on the Internet.