Fujitsu XG2000 PD-XG2000FB 20-port, 10Gb Ethernet Switch(UK/Europe)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PLanServe

Aug 29, 2016
Fujitsu XG2000 PD-XG2000FB 20-port, 10Gb Ethernet Switch on eBay for EUR 195.00 - approximately £166.59.

Fujitsu XG2000 PD-XG2000FB 20-port, 10Gb Ethernet Switch LSI

I have one and what the auction didn't mention is it came loaded with 8 10Gb optical transceivers and 5 10Gb Cx4 transceivers - can't guarantee what you'll get but that's what I received.

These are noisy so you'll have to replace fans if using them around people, I've already replaced the two 40mm 3 pin fans in one of the power supplies with a couple of Scythe Mini Kaze Ultras - it's pretty close to silent now.

The stock fans(2 per PS, 4 for the case) are set up to blast air, at high pressure, into the case - I'm using less powerful quieter fans to suck warm air out, my use for the switch is low traffic so hopefully it's not going to get too hot anyway. When I remove all the cooling fans the switch temperature is rated at higher than normal but acceptable, so when I replace the stock fans with quieter versions I expect the thermal situation, already OK without fans, to get better.

So that's it really, importing a LB6M to the UK would have cost me over £300 this cost me about £200 delivered and came with a tonne of transceivers. I'm happy, hope this is of interest to someone. :)

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
This is actually a pretty decent switch, I have the big brother (XG2600) which is SFP+ and its more reliable and more versed towards enterprise/datacenter usage than any of the quanta garbage people buy here.

Jon Massey

Nov 11, 2015
If I knew I was going to get a decent haul of lamps then I'd jump right on it, but without them, XFP is a royal PITA! Not to mention the lack of DACs

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
This is actually a pretty decent switch, I have the big brother (XG2600) which is SFP+ and its more reliable and more versed towards enterprise/datacenter usage than any of the quanta garbage people buy here.
Some of us prefer "garbage" because it's cheap and it works. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cole

PLanServe

Aug 29, 2016
These are noisy so you'll have to replace fans if using them around people, I've already replaced the two 40mm 3 pin fans in one of the power supplies with a couple of Scythe Mini Kaze Ultras - it's pretty close to silent now.
So, to add an update, after replacing all the fans(four 4500RPM 40mm cooling fans now added) noise level is about 28-29dB from about a metre and a half away, switch temp above average but not problematic - that would be OK for most people, though I'm in the process of experimenting with a quieter cooling system as my work area is normally silent.

Last edited:

PLanServe

Aug 29, 2016
So, to add an update, after replacing all the fans(four 4500RPM 40mm cooling fans now added) noise level is about 28-29dB from about a metre and a half away ...
Test of new cooling system - noise now down to 23dB at a metre and a half(very quiet), temperature rated "good" in status, I'm now completely happy - the noise is barely audible even when it's the only device turned on in my workspace.

I'm using two 120mm Noctua fans mounted over the PCB, running at low revs. Tried to find the main hotspots on the PCB with an infrared laser thermometer(£10 from eBay) before selecting fan positions. Currently using a cardboard lid for a template, but have an aluminium sheet cut to the size of the lid(about £14, including 2 free cuts, and delivery). Now just need to drill screw holes and "dremel" out the fan holes. The Noctuas are silent, the little noise that does come from the switch is from the Mini Kaze Ultra fans in the power supply.

So here's a basic diagram of the switch, yellow circles show hotspots, red arrows normal airflow with stock cooling, followed by a pic of my basic experimental setup - before I machine the aluminium lid and tidy everything up.

Not everyone will want to take this approach, but I value the sound of silence. ;)