CRS226 setup issues

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

resistor

May 17, 2016
Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a new CRS226, and running into a number of issues that seem like they ought to be straightforward, but aren't working for me.

First, the setup:

Cable modem --> Time machine (router/NAT) --> CRS226 port 0
All other ports on the CRS226, including the SFP+ ports, are set to have port 0 as their master
CRS226 is configured, to the best of my ability, as simply a dumb switch

The issues I'm seeing are twofold:

(1) My Win10 machine is connected both to a gigabit port on the CRS226 and to one of the SFP+ ports via different NICs (a Mellanox ConnectX-2 for the SFP+). The gigabit port works just fine, but the SFP+ port fails to acquire an IP address from the DHCP server in the Time Machine about 80% of the time. Repeatedly disabling/enabling the NIC eventually gets it to acquire an IP, and it seems to work fine once it does. The SFP+ port in my FreeNAS box basically the same issue.

(2) The IPMI port on my FreeNAS box is connected to the gigabit switch, with a static IP defined, and I am unable to get to it from my Win10 box. If I connect the FreeNAS box directly to an ethernet port of the Time Machine instead, I am able to access it from the Win10 box.

Any pointers?