Recent content by ZzBloopzZ

1. Z

10TB Drives in ZFS?

Hello, Are 10TB drives recommended to use in a ZFS setup with 2 for redundancy? I ask because I have run into several comments on Slickdeals and reddit where they say bigger drives like that are not as reliable and the rebuild time just for one drive would take forever. I was thinking to pick...
  2. Z

Pool Degraded - Help!

Hello, I wanted to post an update. The pool has still been resilvering for over 5 weeks now. Now, other drives started resilvering as well. I have a strong feel I'm SOL now. Network transfer speeds are so slow since the beginning that I can't copy any files. Is there a way I could "undo" the...
  3. Z

Pool Degraded - Help!

Is there a command to save all directory and file names in the pool to a text file? I googled around and could not find a solution. :c/
  4. Z

Pool Degraded - Help!

Update, the drives are still resilvering and have been monitoring them randomly throughout the week. Now as of this morning, it is showing most of the drives as 'DEGRADED'. I do know for the fact the two drives that I originally pulled and replaced with brand-new drives are indeed bad as I ran...
  5. Z

Pool Degraded - Help!

Firstly, thank you everyone for the support. I ended up deleting the three corrupt files as they were not important. Then I updated napp-it and finally the menu's were working again. I identified two drives that seemed to have many errors under the Disk menu so I replaced those two with the last...
  6. Z

Pool Degraded - Help!

Hello, I noticed my file server acting really slow last few weeks but was too busy to investigate until now. Even napp-it would not be able to pull Napp-it would not even be able to retrieve anything from the Disks or Pools sections. It would keep loading and loading, even hour later. Finally...
  7. Z

Updating OmniOS r151014 to Latest?

Hello gea, I finally had time today and was able to fix it after an hour of playing around. In Windows I connected to SMB as root. Then for the main Pool share folder I deleted the "Everyone" user which removed all permissions. Then I re-added the "Everyone" account with the following...
  8. Z

Gea, firstly thank you soo much for your support. Thanks for the useful information I am now starting to understand. I totally understand the NIC aspect and pass through have no further questions, very straight forward with your wonderful explanation. Also, I finally was able to have the system...
  9. Z

Thanks for the great reply! Napp-it supports my NIC as passthrough so I was able to get an IP to the 2nd NIC. However, when I try to connect to that new IP in windows share and put in proper user/pw it says I do not have permissions to view my main file diretory on the ZFS. Do I have to do...
  10. Z

Sorry for late response, I finally got home this weekend. My /etc/hosts looks like this: 127.0.0.1 → OmniPrime 192.168.0.50 → OmniPrime Also, I do have DNS enabled... basically nameserver is set to 192.168.0.1 which is my local DNS. Still not working even after a full reboot. Any other...
  11. Z

Hello gea, Thanks for all your support over the years. I really am grateful to you. I ended up doing a fresh install of ESXi 6.5 Update 1. Then importated your wonderful 151022 OVA template. I then set my 2x HBA's as pass-through. Did have some questions: Networking: 1. I set my NIC #2...
  12. Z

Hello, I am moving in the next few days. I plan to keep my fileserver at my parents home. It has not been updated in ages. It is just for storage with ZFS. What is the best method to update it, should I do a complete fresh install from scratch or do an update? If an update, what commands would...
  13. Z

Tutorial: Updating IBM M1015/LSI 9211-8i Firmware on UEFI Systems

I just tried the link and it works fine for me. You sure it is not a ad-blocker that is preventing you from downloading?
  14. Z

Tutorial: Updating IBM M1015/LSI 9211-8i Firmware on UEFI Systems

Purpose: A proper MODERN tutorial on updating the firmware on the IBM M1015 on a UEFI system, in my case my IBM M1015's were already crossflashed to LSI 8211-8i long ago with the older P16 firmware which I wanted to update to the latest firmware. It is the same process either way. This tutorial...
  15. Z

smbd Notice?

Sorry for the late reply, I just noticed someone responded. The server is on an internal network on the LAN at my home. It is not connected to the outside internet at least not through a DMZ and no ports are forwarded to it so unlikely someone is trying to log-in from the outside. I turned off...